• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Allegiance (and the Allegiance 2 project)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Allegiance is an abandonware RTS/Space Sim release by Microsoft in 2000 and was dumped shortly afterward. With some work, M$ was persuaded to give up the source code for use and there has been a pretty steady community-driven 2nd-life for the game for some years...but it's on its last leg if I can't generate some activity and development.

My goal is threefold:
one, to maximum activity in the game as-it-is
two, to work out the bugs in the existing code and streamline everything
three, to begin porting the game into a new engine

as it stands the Microsoft-related legalities prevent the game from touching Steam, etc.

Here's a couple gameplay videos

Post here if you have any interest in playing and I will try to coordinate a group training session.
If you're interested in the project itself, let me know what skills you may have, ALL types are needed.

Last edited:
Heh. That's one of Weedman's videos. He's one of the best players we've ever had and he really only listens to country and only drinks whiskey.

Try this one on for size, Weedman without the Tim Mcgraw

he plays with a joystick that's why it seems so jerky. you can play with joystick or keyboard/mouse, it's just personal preference. I'm told joystick is better for overall flight experience - but most people do keyboard/mouse.

Back