• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer to be no more... hello project Spartan for a replacement!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-113874075974.html
Internet Explorer will still exist in some versions of Windows 10 mainly for enterprise compatibility, but the new Project Spartan will be named separately and will be the primary way for Windows 10 users to access the web. Microsoft has tried, unsuccessfully, to shake off the negative image of Internet Explorer over the past several years with a series of amusing campaigns mocking Internet Explorer 6. The ads didn’t improve the situation, and Microsoft’s former Internet Explorer chief left the company in December, signalling a new era for the browser.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/21/7863331/microsoft-project-spartan-new-web-browser
A number of recent reports have suggested that Microsoft was ready to move past Internet Explorer and introduce a new browser, code-named Spartan, to the world. Now, Microsoft has made that official by announcing that Project Spartan will be the new web browsing experience for Windows 10. The new browser will feature an all-new rendering engine, but beyond that Microsoft wanted to focus on three new features, some of which we learned about earlier this year.

I can't remember the last time i double click on the Internet Explored icon on my task bar, been using Chrome for the past 3+ year now.
Would like to give project Spartan a spin'cause i always like to try new things. If i don't like it, i will go back to Chrome just like i did with FireFox

As long as it is Spartan! Seems like browsers have become memory hoggs! This includes Chrome.

love all their halo references :) imho cortana should have the ai's voice though... just saying.

Internet Explorer is the most used Internet browser... to download another browser with.

Spartan will be the most used Internet browser... to download another browser with.

:shrug:
If it's based off IE, I pray for those who use it.
If it's new, ground up, I hope it's fast like Chrome.

That said, I'm still sticking with Win7 so I won't have to worry anyways.

As long as it is Spartan! Seems like browsers have become memory hoggs! This includes Chrome.

There is absolutely nothing the browser can do when websites have ridiculously large images and Javascript for spying on you.

Don't forget that your browser has a giant rendering panel just like any AAA game, and a scripting engine that allows ANYTHING to be modified - far more than most games have, and a JIT compiler for that scripting engine on top. And very often you'll have more than one "game" (tab) open at once.

There is absolutely nothing the browser can do when websites have ridiculously large images and Javascript for spying on you.

Don't forget that your browser has a giant rendering panel just like any AAA game, and a scripting engine that allows ANYTHING to be modified - far more than most games have, and a JIT compiler for that scripting engine on top. And very often you'll have more than one "game" (tab) open at once.

All browsers are not created equal:
not same.JPG

How they handle things is what gives them speed and also what causes them to suck up memory.

Chrome has many things built in and IE uses external resources for one. This gives Chrome an advantage. FF used to be great but it started flaking out...

Internet Explorer is the most used Internet browser... to download another browser with.

TRUTH!

I'm forced to use Internet Exploder Explorer every time I install Windows XP or 7. I would probably do the same with Vista, but I've never intentionally installed Vista before. I then immediately install some version of Firefox, and almost never use IE again. I use IE if I'm only going to be using one tab sometimes, but not often.

So like the movie. Are they going to kick into a hole and proclaim something iconic?

"Thbbbish ish Spbbbarta!"

no issues with internut exploder here.
its here, it works, I use it. kinda works like that

im gonna give it a try it cant be as buggy as chrome. lol.

Back