• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha PAL with Delta fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tissimo

Yo.. i am wondering.. when i see tests between the alpha pal and the FOP38.. i never see a alpha with the delta fan on it in the tests.. i would like to know how it compairs to them.. i know it would prob be lower then FOP38.. but what will the C/W be? im thinking of adding a pelteir to my t-bird.. and wondering if i should go with a delta or 80/92 mm fan mod or just water cooling.. anyone know?

On my PEP66 Alpha replacing the Sunon fans with the Deltas reduced the maximum temperature under load by 5 degrees. They are noisy though, and I have 2 on my dual PIII box so it makes a lot of racket!

The higher flow really helps the alpha pal... I saw an aticle comparing the delta 38cfm with the papst33 cfm and the performance difference was only 2,5%, one delta would still be noisier than two papst together... I´d go for the papst. if aircooling, and with artic silver... This setup could hold a 72w maximum peltier... anything higher would be better an coppered heatsink or watercooling the peltiers...

Back