• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am I hardcore enough to play with you guys yet?my mom says i am :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
hehee just kidden but this has taken some work.
200X10=2gh:D
will do 206 but numbers is a playing game at 9.5 multi.
get this on corsiar 2100!!!!!!!! try and beat that!
in my bandwith benchmark i relaxed the timings to 2.5-3-3
it scores higher than 2.5-2-2 dont know why either.but it will run 206 at spec timings! corsiar is da bomb!

bandwith200fsb-new.jpg

Last edited:
ty WiNnErPL, i did have to change my settings a bit.
200x10 was getten too hot folding :(
so its at 204x9.5=1938. just for folding,or untill i get h20 on it.

ty codeman.
ive settled into a spot in which my ram is happy and my cpu stays cool.
9.5x204=1938
above 204fsb programs crash.and 10x200 is too hot folding.
so here ill stay till the first untill i can buy more and better ram.

Last edited:
man I need a tbred, my poor pally can't handle much over 1900...not that I'm complaining, best 45 bucks I've ever spent.
I can run 211x9, but can't run anything over 200x9.5 ect...
I think I could do a little better sticking with a 9 multi, but with my
luck I'd toast a HD or something hehe
Can't believe your PC2100 does that good! lol

wow...thats way fast..congrats with that ram..very nice bench too

oh man..this makes me want to unlock my cpu..where can i get the defogger repair kit? i went to oreilys and pep boys..and neither of them had it..whats a chain store that would have this stuff...once i get it unlocked...8.5 x 225 is my goal..haha

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great job!!! 2ghz is also what I'm aiming for.

If you can get your FSB a bit higher, then you should be able to get past my score easily. And my RAM was at CAS2.

Sandra%20Memory%202815%209x202%20CAS2%2Ejpg

At 204fsb (CAS 2.5)

Sandra%20Memory%202820.jpg

Last edited:
ok well after a full day of testing i have found a few things.
1.anything above 180fsb on this ram isnt stable,even tho i can take it too 207fsb.random lockups coused by ram.
2.you need to keep a close eye on the asus a7v333 memery timings.even tho it was stated 2.5-2-2 in the bios.it was 2.5-3-3 in sandra.i belive sandra btw.some reason the mobo just does what it wants,even in user defined.
3.ive had no luck with the dimm voltage overvolts.not saying it isnt truley working.no way to measure it i know of.but it didnt help my ram is what im stating.

ill repeat this testing with my new ram once its here around the first.mabey im a perfectionist but i cant stand my system not being 100% stable.so back to 178fsb :(
but just for a while.

deathstar13 said:
ill repeat this testing with my new ram once its here around the first.mabey im a perfectionist but i cant stand my system not being 100% stable.

yeah, same here. it took no less than 5 hours running 3dmark and manpiluting my bios settings one at a time to get stable at 2002mhz :D

ok well after a full day of testing i have found a few things.
1.anything above 180fsb on this ram isnt stable,even tho i can take it too 207fsb.random lockups coused by ram

well as i stated it wasnt stable.boot yes,benchmark yes.but once i ran folding or a game it locked up.

also as i stated above the asus is screwy with the ram timings.but it keeps setting my ram to 2.5-3-3.it doesnt affect the scores in benchmarks much but it does alow it to run 207fsb.

but i am now back to my original settings 178 fsb and 100% stable.it folds and games so its stable.

the ram is originally c2.5 ram
ive run c2 upto 150fsb on it.
and loose 2.5-3-3-3 upto 207fsb
but is only stable at 180 and below.

most of this was done to check my cpu-mobo as im getting new ram and i dont want to invest in something i dont or cant use."ie"3200-3500c2"
but seeing how the system runs im getting the 3500c2.
this is a crazy stick of ram i will admit.but i think if a person has the right setup and relaxs the timings on the stick of 2100 most could come close to this.but even 180fsb stable is pretty amazing also.

c2 VS c2.5 doesnt score all that much better in benchmarks or in applications.just a hundered or so points.but but relaxing it and taking the fsb up to the max ive gained 800-1000 points.this relates to great performance increases.

by getting the 3500c2 id say it will outlast my mobo on the fsb easily.but the main reason i want it so i can stabley run 207fsb and at C2 at that.if you was to run a 3dmark2001se bench the fsb can make you or break you in games and benchmarks.

Back