• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1800+ Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

I have an AMD XP 1800+ T-bred and I was wondering what I should set the speeds to in my Bios. I've been running it for a while......and I just noticed it's at 1.2GHZ speeds when I think it should be at 1.53 GHZ, heh.

I have a fairly recent MSI motherboard and I was just wondering what I should put the speeds at.

Oh, the motherboard shows up as MB VIA KT333|8235 KT3 Ultra2 MSI R at newegg.

I've done that b4. Running my cpu at slower speed without realizing it. :)

Yeah, but it seems like such a stupid mistake. Well, I have an excuse! It's my first PC ever, much less my first try at making one.

Thanks for the help.

It's probably set at 100fsb... sometimes it won't automatically realize it's place and you have to set it at 133. That will give you the full speed.

Question, on that motherboard is there anything I can use to get the heat of the chip without having to pull up the Bios. Something on my desktop?

If as others believe the fsb is only at 100, then when you reset it to 133, its a perfect oppertunity to maybe go for a bit more! say...200!!! - lol, okay maybe a bit far, but you could always have a go at overclocking anyway, even if you arnt going to leave it at higher speeds permanantly.

Back