• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 2800+ Newcastle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cchiu

Registered
HI guys this is my first post.
i know u guys are computer expert and i need ur help.
I need some input about this CPU(the title). is it good, bad. How is it compare to other cpu like FX, or intel 3.0...

/shrug ill be ordering one when i get back from vacation, so ofcourse i have a bias opinion, from what i hear the revised NewCastles are better than the claw hammers unless the clarhammer is a DTR for notebooks, but its got a good price tag so you cant go too wrong.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

The 2800+ are still C0 stepping clawhammers, I suggest you stay away from the CPU.
If you want a guaranteed newcastle, get the 3200+ with 512kb of L2 from newegg.

ugh time to scrounge up more cash to get a 3200+ if the stepping on a 2800+ NC is C0
also, what about the 3000+? is it still clawhammer or is the stepping now newcastle :eek:

Last edited:
yeah just found that right before you posted it, maybe i can lucky when ordering

well welcome to the forums there is a link here thats goes indepth about all the different versions

Just buy the retail, if you get a Clawhammer with 512k cache disbaled which will be easily identified by the CO revision, return the cpu because it isnt a newcastle.

Last edited:
Back