• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2000MHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The San Diego has 1MB of cache, so if you overclock the two of them to the same speed, the San Diego will end up being slightly faster. The 3700+ already has a 11x multiplier so that should be good enough, don't necessarily need the 12x that the 3800+ has.

I built one of these a couple of months ago for a friend and paid $235 for this cpu

love my san diego

mine can do 2.8ghz @ 1.35v :D love it!!!

i paid 235 as well =[ i think imma pick up a x2 4400+ soon :-D

All of the AMD S939 CPUs are great values at this time. Thank Conroe for that. Good guy, that Conroe. :)

If you honestly think about it (and don't get caught up with having the latest and greatest) there is very little that you can't easily accomplish with that $100 S.D. 3700 or an Opty 146 for around $155, give or take...or an X2 3800 for under $150 (don't forget the free AMD wallet/money clip that newegg is giving out with these).

Makes me want to go out and buy one of each. :)

Back