• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 4300 4.2 GHZ Voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevsiraki

I was wondering, would 1.31 volts vcore be enough to overclock this 3.8 GHZ processor to 4.2 GHZ ? I had it running on auto at 4.1 but it became unstable on auto with 4.2 ghz. Please help me adjust the voltage, Thanks!

Motherboard : MSI 760gm-p23 fx
RAM: Corsair Vengance 1866 mhz, 16gb
GPU: PNY GeForce 750 GDDR5 1Gb

Why don't you just experiment with various increases in voltage until you find stability again? Overclocking is very experimental. We cannot give you numbers to punch in that will work for your system. Each system is unique. Different components interact differently from one system to another. It's usually safe to add about .025 volts to start with.

How are you checking for stability? This forum community generally considers passing two hours of Prime95 blend mode as a good indicator of system stability when overclocking. But you must also monitor CPU package temps and socket temps to be safe. We use HWMonitor for that usually.

What are you cooling the CPU with? Stock OEM cooler?

That motherboard is very low end and not good for overclocking. I would not push it very much.

Back