• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bah I got this on one of my cores when I was running Prime95.

"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 1, expected less than 0.4"

It came up roughly ~10 minutes into the test. The three other tests were still running but the fourth stopped.

wow i only ever get that issue when pushing for 4.5ghz, i Believe its a north bridge communication error.

I know this thread is a few months old, but want to thank everyone, especially JKessell for having the EXACT same issue w/ the 955BE CPU that I'm having! I was concerned that my PSU was dying out, and after reading up on this thread, and testing my temps with everything that you've done and was told to do, I'm heading out now to pick up a Cooler Master Hyper 212 to remedy my overheating issue. Three cheers to this thread!

Make sure to pick up another blademaster fan for the 212. My temps dropped 3-5* at load with 2 fans in push/pull.

Update:

On stock HSF, idle was pushing 45-46C. Under Prime95 full stress-test, hit 79C before I manually stopped the test (hit 79C in about 2min). Freaked out... immediately read a few threads before I found this one (hence my previous post).

With CM Hyper 212 (just the one fan installed on it) now at 33C idle and 47C under Prime95 full stress-test. W00t!

Seriously... thanks for this thread. Cheap and SUPER effective way to fix my issue.

eSZee... I'll likely pick up another blademaster fan to push/pull config it down the road when I'm starting to look at doing overclocking. (side note: nothing currently or previous overclocked... YET).

The paste on the stock cooler is just bad. If you used the TIM that came with the 212 on the stock heatsink your temps would be int he 50s.

Another saying "Thank you" for Trents and others fine input on this issue. Same identical setup into a slightly better ThermalRock case (good cooling) but wanted to get the 'right' cooler setup "before" doing the install. Appreciate the graphics Trents!

Back