• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Spider and Dragon Platform...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nzaneb pretty much hit it.

I have absolutely NOTHING against AMD/ATI at all. In fact I feel I go out of my way to ensure that 'fanboy' will never be stamped on my head so Im not sure where you even got that idea!

The point of this thread (which is clearly defined in the first post) was to confirm/debunk the assertion that there is somehow better performance with a spider/dragon platform. Which from everything I have read, its marketing only. We are just waiting for some links or some empirical testing to be done. But its marketing only. Really.

It was more a speculation that was all. Whenever people asked for a budget PC or something you'd still go the e5200 route, rather than the X2 550... Nothing meant by it ^^ (that was just an example.. lol). Sorry if I offended!

But yup, marketing, end story XD.

Depends on the budget really. My motto is, "always get the best you can afford". And if that puts them to an Intel, then it does. You did not offend in the least. :)

Back