• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N Ultra--XP 2500+ Barton--Need OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thermaltake pipe 101 is the HS I'm using. A little expensive but avoids needing to take the mobo out for install like the bigger HS's that are little better than mine. My load temps are satisfactory for me. It also was the easiest HS I ever installed. Good luck on your OC and temps.

Last edited:
Wife finally gave up the Compaq so I could post.
I shut it off after 20hrs. of running Prime,Torture Test. It proved that the memory and CPU will run at 200Mhz/400DDR
Pulled the PSU and it has no pots. If I had a schematic, any new one it might point me in the right direction to bring up the 12V rail, these cheap PSUs have few components and uping the 12V might bring the others up also. Not looking to fry the rig, so I will probably back it off till I get a better PSU, going away soon for several weeks, May not get new PSU before I go, but I can go feeling good about where I got on the OC.
I will be checking for any new replys till I go. If anything changes I will post back.
Thanks all,
PopRichie

No idea on schematics, you might try the maufacturers site.

I'd just get the new PSU, they are not very expensive, $40-$50 should get you a decent one. My buddy ran his AN35N for almost a year @2.2Ghz stable on one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-937&depa=0

I also have one of these running my MN31N @2.2Ghz & have another coming this week to use on my 2nd AN35N for my son - there a rated at 300watts but can deliver 350watts at peak output, nice little PSUs - with quiet 120mm fan & 3 adjustable pots!

Regards, Balrog

Richie, sorry man, don't have the board around and it's been a while ago...

i think it's in one of the main screens, i think it's the same one you set fsb and multi (i know, yours is hard-locked; so is hers, btw) but still. i think it's memory ratio or something... you can set it to auto.

no sure if you need it now though - mem and fsb at 200 - nice going so far. though running mem. asinc. might get you a bit more fsb points for cpu.

mcoleg,
When I tried that before it wouldn't post, it went to safe mode, and bios requested resetting Bios, wouldn't post with any other setting but 100%. I may try playing with it again later, spent most of the day digging into the PSU but finally got the 12 volt rail up. Getting that up and getting the cables tied up so that air from the front fan could flow better, brought the CPU temp down, going to run the 200Mhz/400DDR for a while.
PopRichie

PopRichie said:
Need help with overclocking. AN35N Ultra, Hard Locked XP 2500+ Barton, 2 sticks of 256 MB Kingston 2700 value ram, cas 2.5. Bios set to Aggressive and expert on ram, timings 7-3-3-2.5, at sd. setting of 166 processor speed was slightly below rated speed, I changed speed on ram to 168 and processor speed was then slightly above rated speed, I can't go above this or it won't boot. Tried increasing voltage and timing to 11-3-3-2.5 but still no luck. Can this memory be made to run faster? If so at what settings? Or do I need 3200 ram? Thanks

hey man! i had the same mobo and cpu before i thought my cpu came locked ! cause i couldet find where the to change the multiplyer setting in the AN35 U BIOS look for something that says cpu and ram ratio or look in the manual thats if you dont want to oc via fsb :D!

if u did know where it was hit me with noob hammer :bang head

Back