• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another i7 920 D0 thread !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unless he has a golden chip, I highly doubt it is 100% stable at that clockspeed and vcore. The only scenario I can imagine is if his clockspeed is 3.8, and his vcore is over 1.30v but he has Intel Cpu options such as TM, etc. enabled that lower voltage and clockspeed when the cores are idling otherwise I honestly dont think that rig is prime stable. Rattles D0 is astonishing compared to all "but the golden hafnium" C0's out there right now.
Got 2x i7 920 3836A756 C0s TRUE120 air cooled 3800mhz 1.232v and 1.296v for them both HT enabled prime95/linx stable both cpus can do 32M pi HT disabled around 4.6+ghz on TRUE120 air and 3d bench with HT enabled at 4474mhz on TRUE120 air around 25-33C ambients :)

First 2x i7 920 and only ones I own - first time lucky hehe

Hoping for same luck when i try some D0 920s hehe

Got 2x i7 920 3836A756 C0s TRUE120 air cooled 3800mhz 1.232v and 1.296v for them both HT enabled prime95/linx stable both cpus can do 32M pi HT disabled around 4.6+ghz on TRUE120 air and 3d bench with HT enabled at 4474mhz on TRUE120 air around 25-33C ambients :)

First 2x i7 920 and only ones I own - first time lucky hehe

Hoping for same luck when i try some D0 920s hehe

Eva,
You are an international overclocking superstar and I have been watching your awesome results for many years now! THerefore all of your results and processors do not fit in the normal category of guys like me, rattle, and brolloks. All you need to do is touch the keyboard and achieve incredible core/mem speeds. haha

Dom

Rattle, lets see who can do 4 Ghz at 1.25 v or as close to that as possible...2 hrs OCCT blend, what you say ?

I just fired up 21x191 (4011mhz) at 1.25bios and 1.2v loaded cpuz, running prime now, going to run out if its still running i'll post when I get back. Tonight I will run OCCT 2 hours.

QPI still at 1.22 ! :beer:

mine wont do it, I shut off HT just messing around and damn it runs so much cooler.

my chip is weird or my mobo wont do 200 bclk stable....

mine wont do it, I shut off HT just messing around and damn it runs so much cooler.

my chip is weird or my mobo wont do 200 bclk stable....

What are you trying to run your ram at?

I was always trying to run my ram at or above it’s rated 1000MHz – uncore was always over 4GHz – my chip/board could do it, but only up to like 204 bclck – and to do it there was taking some ridicules qpi voltage (1.5+).

Before I left for work, I tried to clock the ram around 800MHz (3200 uncore) I literally just set 1.3v QPI – 1.3vcore and 21x210 (turbo off, HT-on) – fired right up.

So I’m hoping I was pushing my ram/uncore too high and retarding the frequency a little bit is going to give me higher bclck.

my rams at 800 when i try uncore 3200, if i go lower it wont boot :p

I dunno, i am wanting to try another mobo just to see but its alot of hassle.

my rams at 800 when i try uncore 3200, if i go lower it wont boot :p

I dunno, i am wanting to try another mobo just to see but its alot of hassle.

our boards have vastly different bios’ – the way to just worded that, makes me think you set the uncore divider before you set the ram divider, no?

I would try running the uncore on auto and setting the ram divider first. See if that would help.

Granted not knowing your board or ram doesn’t really help either.

Your uncore has to be at least double your RAM speed or it won't boot, so if you are running at 800 on the RAM uncore has to be at least 3200 (1600 x 2), and off course qpi speed must be more than uncore speeds.
Run the RAM at 1333 the you can set the uncore low to try and get better stability on cpu speed at lower voltage.

well i usually only mess with 8 and 10 on the ram so uncore is either 16 or 20 set accordingly.

I think its the mobo, how can a chip do almost 3.9 undervolted less than 1.2 but I throw 1.35 and 1.35 QPI at 21x190 or 20x200 and I cannot pass ANYTHING but super pi....:(

going to order another mobo, what should I get, got a couple 4890's and a pci sound card. One of the reasons I got this is because I like the slot layout better being able to use the bottum pci for the sound card.

was looking at the evga but i hear bad things. I guess I should try either a p6t or UD4/UD5??

Back