• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Antec Launches GX202: A Budget Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Antec has launched a new mid-tower entry-level gaming case, the Antec GX202. The GX202 sports a rugged exterior design with two 120mm fans sitting behind mesh along with a plexi made side window. The chassis supports ATX, Micro-ATX and ITX size motherboards along with plenty of storage and cooling options available. The big take away on the case is going to be its affordable price of $44.99 at Newegg.

Click here to view the article.

I'd be a little worried about the clear plastic side panel scuffing/cracking/scratching if I ever had to move it, but I guess you have to compromise if you want a transparent side panel for <$50. Especially since it has all three fan ports populated, whenever I look it seems as most cases in that range have only one, at most two. Decent looking case for the price.

An Antec case with three fans and some cable management effort at that price is nice, I'm not a fan of the bulging side panel look. I'd rather have a slightly wider case with a flat panel, but that's a personal issue and no reflection on Antec. LOL I'm going to have to take a bus up to Fry's soon and look at some new cases. They have a shelf about 50' long showing a bunch of cases. I like being able to actually touch them and see them in person.

I'd be a little worried about the clear plastic side panel scuffing/cracking/scratching if I ever had to move it, but I guess you have to compromise if you want a transparent side panel for <$50. Especially since it has all three fan ports populated, whenever I look it seems as most cases in that range have only one, at most two. Decent looking case for the price.

As far as the side panel scuffing it's really no different than the $250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo. For me the best thing about the cases with tempered glass is the ability to clean them without worrying about what cleaners will damage the plastic/acrylic.

I agree though, the price is pretty phenomenal for this case. If the quality is as good as other Antec's it's really a home run.

@ Earthdog

The question I have is the bottom intake. Joe mentioned that it's surprising there's a bottom filter without being an intake. Is this the PSU intake filter or is there an area other than the PSU intake that is filtered?

Yes, it is for the PSU (I meant to say that in the article, actually). Id rather that not go filtered and have front intake filtered.

Back