• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Tualatin Users in here running high end Graphics Cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreas0815

Registered
Hello friends!

The reason i am asking u has to do with my wish to my system consisting of a 1.1 GhZ Tualatin @1.4 GHz on a Intel BX.
Currently i am using a GF3 @ 240/480.

I was wondering what performance i could achieve installing a GFX Card like GT 6600 GT or Radeon 9700 or 9800.

I remember those times here were a couple of hundreds of Tualatin modders were in here so i thought one or two of them might have made this step already and can report about their expieriences.

Best regards

Andreas

Even with only 1.4 ghz, it's possible to get a FPS boost with a video card upgrade. Don't expect anywhere near the highest benchmarks.

I think a good ti4200 will give you all the performance your computer can handle. The tualatins have high CPU scores but the fsb kills the 3D performance. I use a Chaintech ti4200 64mb OCed in the tualatin in my signature.

Andreas0815 said:
Hello friends!

The reason i am asking u has to do with my wish to my system consisting of a 1.1 GhZ Tualatin @1.4 GHz on a Intel BX.
Currently i am using a GF3 @ 240/480.

I was wondering what performance i could achieve installing a GFX Card like GT 6600 GT or Radeon 9700 or 9800.

I remember those times here were a couple of hundreds of Tualatin modders were in here so i thought one or two of them might have made this step already and can report about their expieriences.

Best regards

Andreas

The problem is, your motherboard will have to support 1.5v AGP signaling in order for ANY high end card to work.

AFAIK, every chipset that supports the P3-S ONLY supports 3.3v AGP signaling (though some VIA chipsets support AGP 4x). You might want to check the search to see if any of the chipsets using those P3 CPU's (including i815e, as well as the BX and VIA chipsets) have any motherboards that run on 1.5v agp. If not, that means no chance in getting a 6x00 or x800 anything running.

BTW, the Radeon 9700 Pro DOES support dual 1.5v/3.3v signaling (you should verify this with ATI's product spec list just to make sure); the 9800 and up only support 1.5v.

Back