• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to Increse In-Game GAMMA settings, through Nvidia setting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

Changing Gamma level in-game though Nvidia settings

K, I have read a lot of old posts here where ppl say that their monitor is old, therefore it results in darkness no matter how much you increase the brightness.

My monitor is just like that, its old, and its brightness level isint as bright as it used to be. Usually on desktop I have no problems with the brightness, I can increase it though either the monitor, by turning the knobs or increase brightness or gamma level through the video card settings.

But for Games its totally different. no increase in gamma in video card setting or turning the knob makes no difference. For games there is usally a setting in the game to increase the gamma level it can goto 0 to 20, after 20 it wont go any higher. (example: Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2)

And since gamma at level 20 is useless, its still dark. I can edit the registry for the game to increase to say 25, but it just defaults back to 20. What I was wondering, surely there must be a default gamma setting for games in the Nvidia files, If I can find that setting, I can change the setting from 0 to say 5, therefore when upping the gamma level in-game, it will think 5 as 0, thus resulting in gaining 5 more gamma levels.

In-game gamma would goto 20 the same, but in reality it will goto 25.

Well, what do you guys think?
(This is about Nvidia Cards, Geforce 2 family)

Oh, I know for a fact its the Monitor thats the problem, after all these years the things do lose their brightness.

Last edited:
i dont think youll get changing the gama on the 3d applications using a driver level setting. anyway, try asking this here in the rivatuner forum.
old detonator versions would keep the desktop gama settings to the 3d applications but this stopped working with the XP versions. i think 12.41 will still do it; if it supports your GPU u can try it out...

well I tried powerstrip now and it can do in-gamma changes, but was really hoping for a Nvidia change than powerstrip.

Back