• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone here got Verizon DSL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RJARRRPCGP said:
But, hosting games may be considered a server and thus the connection may get terminated!

This I believe is also based on what I read on ocforums.

They may use police-state tactics to make sure that people aren't running servers by port scanning PCs!

No, we (Verizon) do not do that. Host anything except web servers.

I have it, I love it I have been out in the sticks till recently sure beats dial-up. Cheap phone companies DSL should be in alot more spots. We have wireless in the town we moved up here from, but the workers there are a bunch of S.O.B. idiots & wouldn't check for signel.

Sounds like you need to sell your folks on the benefits of having/running a hardware firewall too.

I've typically never trusted software firewalls, unless the machine is never vulnerable to attack... which is impossible if someone is in front of it, and websurfing.

~ Gos

Hurk said:
No, we (Verizon) do not do that. Host anything except web servers.

Sorry, fat chance that I'm gonna be with Verizon, because Verizon apparently has a major problem with me running a web server for a new message board that I'm likely gonna setup later on. :mad:

Have to blame web servers for security problems? :mad:

BTW, I don't tolerate liars!

Last edited:
Aaaahhh what a horrible sounding network setup lol

Repeat after me, never use a windows operating system as a gateway!

RJARRRPCGP said:
Sorry, fat chance that I'm gonna be with Verizon, because Verizon apparently has a major problem with me running a web server for a new message board that I'm likely gonna setup later on. :mad:

Yes, I've said it in all my messages in this post. Verizon will not allow you to host a web server. Make sure you actually read my posts when replying to them.

brakezone said:
Aaaahhh what a horrible sounding network setup lol

Repeat after me, never use a windows operating system as a gateway!

That is a major no no, if I could game in linux without it being a pain to setup I wouldn't even use windows, MS should get some sense & scrap the whole thing to start over.

Hey Hurk, do you have any idea when FIOS will be available in the 01501 area? I went to a lan party in N.Andover and the host had it and it was awesome! I checked the auto notify tab for email notification when the service would be available in my area but that was a year ago. Just curious if you had any idea. Thanks........./ThreadJack :)

Back