• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running one of these??...VANTEC CCK-6035D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Been looking at some reviews and it seems to be a good one.
Can't get enough info on the clip though!
I'm running a Taisol Alum on a 1 GHZ t-bird and gettin too hot, 48c @ 1.22GHz.

Thanks for the responses..

More big boy toys...gotta have em....gotta love em!!!!

It seems the thin fin coppers are all the rage lately.

Call me a cheapskate, but I still prefer the Golden Gate + 30 cfm fan deal at that svcompucycle is running. http://www.svcompucycle.com/svcgg30.html

For all intents and purposes, it will perform pretty much identically to its copper counterparts (sk6, 6035d)
There might be a 1 or 2 degree celsius swing difference under load, but there are so many factors that come into play when you're talking about such high performance heatsinks.

One thing you have to keep in mind when you're reading reviews on heatsinks is that in many cases these high performance jobbies are all using Delta 38's. If your current heatsink is using something like a Sunon 26cfm fan, then guess what. Your heatsink still has some room to grow.

Something else I should mention. The delta 38 just isn't worth the annoyance. Sure, it brings out the best in a heatsink's performance, but at the cost of having your rig sound like a hairdryer.

I'd advise picking up something like a 30 cfm fan. It provides excellent airflow and is noticeably quieter than the 38.

dad (Jul 29, 2001 09:10 a.m.):
Been looking at some reviews and it seems to be a good one.
Can't get enough info on the clip though!
I'm running a Taisol Alum on a 1 GHZ t-bird and gettin too hot, 48c @ 1.22GHz.

Thanks for the responses..

More big boy toys...gotta have em....gotta love em!!!!

Back