• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Running VISTA On A Single Core CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
corruption said:
I'm running Vista on the laptop that I'm using to post this right now...

Acer Aspire 5050-3465:
-MK36 (2.0GHz 512KB single core)
-1GB DDR2 (2x 512)
-80GB 5400rpm HD
-ATI Radeon x1100 (basically an x300 integrated gfx chip)

I can actually play WoW on this laptop at 1280x800.....although all setting are on the lowest they will go. I get close to the same fps in XP as I do in Vista with WoW, approx 13-30fps (fine for a resto druid), but I won't even attempt to try any other games on it.

Haven't noticed any kind of stuttering, but then again I don't try to encode a DVD on the laptop while trying to play WoW with iTunes open, along with 3 webpages open.....unlike when I'm on my desktop.

So essentially Vista runs fine on my laptop, single core processor & 1GB RAM, but I have XP and Vista as a Dual Boot option just in case something doesn't "behave" itself in Vista. ;) One thing I will say is that Vista is MURDER on my battery life.

My brothers girlfriends laptop is the same make but it's got 120GB HDD instead it's really slow. Tell me did you remove any of the acer software that was with it I want to remove the norton trial too but am need of looking for a better virus/firewall software thats also light on memory usage.

Back