• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aorus motherboard rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi guys,

Just wanting to know if others have had the experience of an Aorus motherboard in a reboot loop.

Put a new machine together for my friend once it was all hooked up it would just keep rebooting with no end in sight did trouble shooting on all components and couldn't work out the problem. Everything was brand new out of the box, breadboarded aswell. Tried another power supply also but no luck. (Not posting).

Forgot to mention I think the board is a z370 and the CPU is a intel i9 6core.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

Bandit.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just wanting to know if others have had the experience of an Aorus motherboard in a reboot loop.

Put a new machine together for my friend once it was all hooked up it would just keep rebooting with no end in sight did trouble shooting on all components and couldn't work out the problem. Everything was brand new out of the box, breadboarded aswell. Tried another power supply also but no luck. (Not posting).

Forgot to mention I think the board is a z370 and the CPU is a intel i9 6core.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

Bandit.

If the MB is a Aorus Z370 7 or 5, then you have the wrong CPU in it.

I got this from Newegg :
"Only Support for 8th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3 processors in the LGA1151 package"

The i9 wouldnt fit in the socket (unless its a laptop i9 hex??).... so, im guessing that was a typo...

Made a big error the motherboard is Aorus X299, X series i7 7800x was going off memory so I was really off sorry guys. Any ideas on the problem?

changed ram configs, used another power supply, reset cmos, breadboarded

HEY!! Not my tech hence the poor details lol. Had to contact him on FB after it was mentioned the CPU wouldn't go with the Mobo since I was sure it did so checked it again.

Would the type of memory being used have any issue?

Hes got G.skill branded memory.

So would reading a debug led. But since the OP cant even get us details on the system.......lol

Try taking all the memory out then booting, if it boot loops still then you have defective BIOS.

Think my friend as too much money on his hands, prior to making this topic already tried all ram options even down to 1 stick per slot and also without. It would reboot loop still. My friend ended up canning that board when he could have just taken it back and brought another. I figure if hes not willing to take it back and doesn't want it I can make use of it and get the issue sorted hes super impatient so went out and just got another board.

Last edited:
I would look at resetting the cmos and if that didn't help, flashing the bios.

Think my friend as too much money on his hands, prior to making this topic already tried all ram options even down to 1 stick per slot and also without. It would reboot loop still. My friend ended up canning that board when he could have just taken it back and brought another. I figure if hes not willing to take it back and doesn't want it I can make use of it and get the issue sorted hes super impatient so went out and just got another board.

Take it and you only need a S/N to RMA with Gigabyte.

Back