• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apologies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To someone in the top 20 PPD producers that will quickly disappear from the list

Newegg box shows up tomorrow, all 3 quads should be WinSMP and returning points by mid-Saturday.:beer:

I challenge thee to take my spot! ...ehh, hummm... 3 quads huh, I'll probably regret this. :D

pscout said:
Now all we need is some AMD quad competition to juice everything up even more

It will be sweet revenge!!! Don't rest on your laurels boys! :beer:

amdlogo.jpg

Hack30 said:
there now there are curvy things here to look at

Ooooooo.... I like curvy things. :D

Two down.....one to go. Need time to figure out what the Q6600 will do, just have it at 2700 right now. But it IS running FAH in the meantime. Finishing up the second x3210 right now....this one seems to like 3200 @ the same settings as the other (which makes it easy on me). :D

Two down.....one to go. Need time to figure out what the Q6600 will do, just have it at 2700 right now. But it IS running FAH in the meantime. Finishing up the second x3210 right now....this one seems to like 3200 @ the same settings as the other (which makes it easy on me). :D

Are those in windows smp or linux? I started doing other things on my computer so I switched from dual virtual machines in linux, to single quad windows smp. I'm kind of sad though because while I was making 4400ppd in dual linux VMwares, It's only making 2900-3000 or so in WinSMP. :( But the WinSMP is much easier on the resources, friendlier with priority (can't put vmwares down to idle priority, only low), and very low maintenance. Bummer, but, it's my best option at the moment.

Last edited:
Are those in windows smp or linux? I started doing other things on my computer so I switched from dual virtual machines in linux, to single quad windows smp. I'm kind of sad though because while I was making 4400ppd in dual linux VMwares, It's only making 2900-3000 or so in WinSMP. :( But the WinSMP is much easier on the resources, friendlier with priority (can't put vmwares down to idle priority, only low), and very low maintenance. Bummer, but, it's my best option at the moment.

WinSMP.....I never figured out the whole script thing with ubuntu so if a rig rebooted and I wasn't paying attention I'd be screwed. Now it's just about screwing with RAM timings and speeds......I'm happy with 3.2 from both of the x3210s. The Q6600, however, will be pushed to it's maximum. :D

She is WAY hotter than Jessica Alba... for those who don't remember the last hottie that was posted up. :beer:

Sigh.....my PCP&C 610 has been brought to it's knees. If only I weren't so fan crazy. Gotta order something bigger as it's severly limiting my OC as well. :bang head

Yepper......I can only clock to about 2900, some of my fans are no longer getting 12v....etc....

I know what the board is capable of, and I'm certain the chip will do more than 2900.....so middle of next week I'll get the 1000w Coolermaster and hope for the best.

Wow, seems like a PC P&C should be good to handle quite a beating. Making me wonder how much my Sparkle 550W will handle =\

I haven't really OC'd yet....I'll have to see how it goes.

Wow, seems like a PC P&C should be good to handle quite a beating. Making me wonder how much my Sparkle 550W will handle =\

I haven't really OC'd yet....I'll have to see how it goes.

I have a 550w Sparkle. My B2 E6600 did 3.6GHz with it, just a little toasty, and my Q6600 (#1 in sig) does 3.24GHz with it. A little disappointed in the chip, but I don't think the PSU is to blame, it's been doing awesome. I've got that CPU, the motherboard, 3 120mm S-Flex F fans, 2 36GB Raptors, 2 320GB harddrives, a DVD burner, and an X1950XTX all attached to it. Never had any problems with this box that would indicated the PSU.

I have
Q6600
DS3R
4x1Gb DDR2 @ 1000
(1) 114cfm Panaflo 120
(5) 115+cfm Silverstone 120
(1) no name 120
(2) 74Gb Raptor
(2) Seagate 500Gb
(2) DVD-RW
8800 GTS 320Mb with HR-05 & 92mm Panaflo HI-output
Creative X-FI Fatal1ty
USB Mouse
USB Keyboard
USB Joystick
USB HP 7350 Printer (probably the oldest piece of equipment that I own)
USB cable to APC

All the fans are running at max....no controllers or anything.

Some of the fans won't even spin up, not getting voltage. Perhaps my PCP&C is just crapping out. Either way, I'll have a PSU soon that'll be good for the next couple years.

Back