• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquamark shootout!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Albatron 5900EPV w/5950 bios, 520/995MHz
It appears to be cooling limited.

How are your cpu numbers looking?

Attachments

• ai7-aq3.jpg
    ai7-aq3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 185
wow very nice i wish i could flash my bios with a 5950 bios

i heard you can't with a 5900xt
besides isn't overclocking it the same thing as far as speed?
i mean, if it starts to give artifacts with overclocking wouldnt it with a bios change like that?

Apparantly from what I have read here the XT cards can be flashed with the 5950 bios, but there is every chance the cooler won't be good enough for the 5950's 475MHz default core clock nor the 2.8ns ram good enough to prevent artifacts or instability at the 5950's 950MHz default memory clock. You really need a regular 5900nu's better cooler and faster ram for it to work out.

if i water cool would that be good enough for the bios change?

if i did i would use a seperate system for it
i have a spare aquarius II and i could get a VGA card for it

it would be dedicated i was thinking about that
for some time now

sorry to change the subject(thread)

but i think some people would also be interested in the answer

Last edited:
Im getting around 47,600 with my overclocked 5950....my GFX scores are above 7000, but my cpu scores are hurting the overall score badly....

ok, my new personall best for aquamark is 53,695 - thats with my 256mb fx5900ultra (flashed to 5950) at 537/1ghz (changed back from latest to 53.03 and got my new highest OC). Is that a repectable score? my 3dmrk03 score is 6646 (not great i admit), but in 3dmrk01 i can barely get 16,000.....

A couple of things stand out about that. One is that your very fast video card is in a slow machine. That is why the 3DM01 score is so depressed and the 03 is as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Your card would rip off 20K in 01 in my machine, mine does 19k.

The second is that AquaMark's default score would appear to respond much more to increased graphics card prowess (particularly at the GPU) than it does to increases in CPU power. Your awesome video card easily overwhelms the shortcomings of the machine in this test, unlike 3DMark.

Just wondering, do most people force the AF off when you are posting your scores? Cause i remember getting 46k ish, dont remember what i was clockin what at.. but i remember the numbers.

Buhammot said:
Just wondering, do most people force the AF off when you are posting your scores? Cause i remember getting 46k ish, dont remember what i was clockin what at.. but i remember the numbers.

Well,untill recently i thought aquamark was forcing the AF because of the test settings said 4xAF but i was wrong.

I had to manually set it in the driver panel because i never set the AA or AF to "application controlled".

Back