• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360, do I doing it right ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andrzej8445

Hello

I have some question concerning my cooling setup with liquid freezer II 360. I put this cooling on top of the case and there are some openings around freezer II 360 outside the case, where the air can pass through. Is it good to cover it with duck tape or with metal cutted to the size of the opening ? Or I can just put some dust filter? so the dust can't go in to my case.
What is the best way for cooling and to keep the dust oway? Here is a photos of my setup:
20210104-175627.jpg

My another question is it OK where my CPU temp max is 74 tested with cinebench for stress test on average 70 degrees? And while the test stress the air from this cooling is still quite cold is that normal ? My CPU is Intel 6700k. I'm kinda new in this staff and I want to be sure that I'm doing it like it should. Thank you in advance and have a good day.

I don't see a problem, I don't think you necessarily need to block off the unused grill either.

I don't see a problem, I don't think you necessarily need to block off the unused grill either.
Really ? In front I have 2 fans with dust filter and it is doing a good job with those filters. Mayby It is not necessary but still good idea non ?

No, you don't need to block off the unused grill area.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Are your fans set to push THROUGH the radiator and OUT the top? Or are they pulling from the bottom so air is coming IN through the top?

From what I have gleaned, I think you want fresh air coming IN from somewhere else (front, bottom, side - whatever), then you use fans to PUSH internal case air out through the radiator exiting through the top of the case.

This isn't the only way to do it, of course, and there are lots of variables, but it seems to me this is the best option.

No, you don't need to block off the unused grill area.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Are your fans set to push THROUGH the radiator and OUT the top? Or are they pulling from the bottom so air is coming IN through the top?

From what I have gleaned, I think you want fresh air coming IN from somewhere else (front, bottom, side - whatever), then you use fans to PUSH internal case air out through the radiator exiting through the top of the case.

This isn't the only way to do it, of course, and there are lots of variables, but it seems to me this is the best option.

Ok so this is how it looks like and what i want to do.
The fans (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360) are set to push air THROUGH the radiator and OUT the top of the case.
There are 2 fans in front that pull air to inside of the case. Looks like this:
View attachment 212578
There is 1 fan that pull out air from the case from left side of the case (near GPU). Looks like this:
[View attachment 212579
And there is one behind the case that pull out air from the case.
So in total i have 5 (3 from ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360) that pull air out of the case and 2 that pull in to the case. I dont know if 5 is to much but i think it is ok.

And what I m planing to do is to block some open parts I gona show it on photos.
selected on blue what i want to cover with:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B075WQRL74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
from amazon
and on yellow i want to cover with that:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0847KKPS7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I m already waiting for those from amazon and hope that im not making something stupid...

View attachment 212580

View attachment 212581

Last edited:
I have more than 10 of these (+ 4 yrs) and when they get dirty I just wash them off and reinstall :) https://www.performance-pcs.com/fan...121-fan-filter-for-120mm-fans-sst-ff121b.html
-> You did not mention if your i7-6700k is overclocked or de-lidded. To get extra cooling, you can add fans for a push/pull config :)

My I7-6700k is not overclocked and i never done this yet. But it is in performance mode in Power Options (on battery to 100%.)

So like 2 weeks ago when i was playing cyberpunk 2077 i had mu CPU at 87 degres after 20 min and it was throwing the heat to the back of my GPU and the case was really hot near GPU. So i stop playing the game before i fix that.

So i decided to buy replace Noctua NH-U12S by ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 so the heat dont gona blow on my GPU but directly out of case.

and I replaced 2 weak 3 pin fans with 4 high quality 4 pins fans for extra push/pull setup.

But yea with cinabench 70 avg (max 74) on CPU and the air coming from ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 is quite cold.
When i do nothing it goes from 35 to 44 in idle.
And i have spikes to 60 degres often in windows for one or two second like evry time like i open something like browser ...
I don't know if it should be like this or I did something wrong ...

Last edited:
You have more exhaust than intake. Not a bad thing, except for dust.

I think your setup right now is probably pretty darn good.

Blocking off the top in your case MIGHT be beneficial, as it is possible you may be getting some intake through the uncovered portion. I don't know though.

I have blown smoke (vape) into a computer intake and watched the smoke cycle at the top when there is a larger opening than what the radiator covers.

My I7-6700k is not overclocked and i never done this yet. But it is in performance mode in Power Options (on battery to 100%.)

So like 2 weeks ago when i was playing cyberpunk 2077 i had mu CPU at 87 degres after 20 min and it was throwing the heat to the back of my GPU and the case was really hot near GPU. So i stop playing the game before i fix that.

So i decided to buy replace Noctua NH-U12S by ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 so the heat dont gona blow on my GPU but directly out of case.

and I replaced 2 weak 3 pin fans with 4 high quality 4 pins fans for extra push/pull setup.

But yea with cinabench 70 avg (max 74) on CPU and the air coming from ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 is quite cold.
When i do nothing it goes from 35 to 44 in idle.
And i have spikes to 60 degres often in windows for one or two second like evry time like i open something like browser ...
I don't know if it should be like this or I did something wrong ...

you dont need to block off those sections of your case. it isnt going to help your airflow any but its up to you obviously. it may look cool. your gpu will benefit from you increasing the front fans to a higher rpm and lowering your radiator fans and rear fan to a much lower rpm. as it is your top fans are sucking all of the cool air that the front fans are pushing in and starving your gpu of the cool air.
are you certain that you have your block mounted properly? i think something is wrong with your mount. all of the screws are tightened down properly? your thermal paste spread looks nice and uniform? you shouldnt be seeing 60c spikes at idle if your just browsing. your cpu should be idling just barely above ambient with that 360. your aio will keep your cpu in the 50c-60c range under the most taxing load.

Back