• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are keys on a mechanical keyboard sticky if they produce different sound ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbgun

Registered
Hey guys.

I've noticed that some of my keys don't produce the same sound as the other ones , some of them produce normal loud sound when clicked , while others are more silent or dont produce any sound at all (all of them, work normally).

My keyboard is Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Blue MX Switches), and I will admit that I spilled OJ on it more than once , and ofcourse cleaned it after it dried out and I saw that the keys sticked.

Is there a possibility that some of the juice still remains inside the keys and is causing this ?

Thanks.

it's possible. I'd take it apart and wipe out the inside with some rubbing alcohol and a qtip and also clean off the keys and wipe out the insides as well. At least make note of which keys are causing problems and do some spot checking this way.

Back