• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: Wireless Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't blame Logitech, I would check for any thing making a lot of RF noise in your area that could interfere with your KB and Mouse. I have a M570 wireless trackball that I use about 10+ feet away from the receiver with no problems.

Oh I'm DEFINITELY blaming Logitech. I am 3000% blaming Logitech. My old wireless mouse and keyboard work just fine... and they are also logitech but from like 15 or 20 years ago. I don't think it has anything to do with interference in my area. This mouse and keyboard didn't even work right out of the box. And I've moved since then. The other day I tried to use the keyboard WHILE STANDING OVER THE RECEIVER... didn't work. Did not work at all.

It just randomly decides to work a few seconds here and there.

Haven't tried the new receiver they sent yet. Been too busy.

Judging by chillz's experience... their QA has just gone to hell. (But at least they stand by their products and will ship new ones). If it doesn't work with the new receiver then I fully expect another mouse and keyboard.

I'm just happy they replaced my kb out of warranty 😁 Here's a few pics when I unboxed it. There were a couple of differences with packaging. And the new dongle is smaller oddly enough.

View attachment 362781
View attachment 362782
View attachment 362783

Yeah, yeah... it's pretty... But what's the VERDICT??!

Does it work now?

yeah... it's pretty... But what's the VERDICT??!

Does it work now?
Yes! I am happy to report the new kb updated and works as expected. Very happy with this resolution, and I thank the Logitech G Lead I got in touch with. But it did take almost a month to get to that point. I think my persistence and patience was the winning factor -- Logitech Support HAD to escalate me to get me to shut up 🤪 All that said, I will definitely be saving for a new keyboard for when this one inevitably craps out.

I agree with @rainless as I've experienced the same thing. All of my Logitech products from decades ago still work to this day. However it's rather obvious that for the last few years "planned obselescence" is Logitech's game for their entire product lineup. And that goes for all the other global brands as well.

Corsair has always been about planned obselescence when it comes to their peripherals. But SteelSeries, Razer, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus.. they've all made the move in recent years, making high-priced products that become problematic after the warranty period. Some don't even make it that far. A quick search on Reddit or the brands' own forums makes this very evident.

It's a sad truth of the world we live in 😔

Yes! I am happy to report the new kb updated and works as expected. Very happy with this resolution, and I thank the Logitech G Lead I got in touch with. But it did take almost a month to get to that point. I think my persistence and patience was the winning factor -- Logitech Support HAD to escalate me to get me to shut up 🤪 All that said, I will definitely be saving for a new keyboard for when this one inevitably craps out.

I agree with @rainless as I've experienced the same thing. All of my Logitech products from decades ago still work to this day. However it's rather obvious that for the last few years "planned obselescence" is Logitech's game for their entire product lineup. And that goes for all the other global brands as well.

Corsair has always been about planned obselescence when it comes to their peripherals. But SteelSeries, Razer, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus.. they've all made the move in recent years, making high-priced products that become problematic after the warranty period. Some don't even make it that far. A quick search on Reddit or the brands' own forums makes this very evident.

It's a sad truth of the world we live in 😔

Yeah but it only remains a truth for as long as we allow it. Happy your mouse and keyboard are working... but it should've worked right the first time out of the box. So should mine. Brand new... and a CHRISTMAS PRESENT at that!

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Back