• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my pre-OC CPUID results okay? and what to monitor after OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nagooro

Going to be overclocking my computer in the next day or two.

I just played cs go for an hour and let CPUID run. In the below two images (before OC'ing), is there anything that comes up as a red flag?

Also, after OC'ing and running stress tests, what should I be monitoring in CPUID? Primarily temperatures and voltage of my i5 2500K?

I will be OC'ing as per the instructions in http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Beginners-How-to-set-your-25-6-700K-to-4-5Ghz

My PC specs:
Specs are below:
Intel I5 2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8gb pc3-12800 DDR3
Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Corsair 600T Graphite White Edition Case
600W modular PC power and cooling silencer PSU

Any other advice or tips is appreciated as I am new to this and will be my first time OC'ing.

Thanks!

24ytor8.png.jpg

fwtwuw.png.jpg

Keep any of those voltages I circled from exceeding 1.4. That should be about the max safe voltage if the package temp will allow it. Max package temps should not exceed about 90c (either CPU VCORE or VID. Not sure which. Pay attention to the highest one under load) during your stress testing. Stress test with Prime95 blend mode "just stress testing." Make voltage an core speed multiplier adjustments so that you can pass Prime95 for at least 2 hr. with safe temps and voltages. If you blue screen, spontaneous restart, lock-up or if any of the Prime95 core workers drop out you fail the stress test.

1. Start by increasing the core speed multiplier in 1x increments on stock voltage, run Prime95 with HWMonitor open to monitor temps for 20 minutes.
2. If you pass the Prime95 20 minute stress test then raise the core speed multiplier by 1x and retest. Repeat step 1 and 2 until you cannot pass the 20 minute stress test. At that point add .025 to the core voltage and retest. After this point, add core voltage in .010 increments.
3. Raise the core speed multiplier by 1x again and retest. Eventually, you will reach a point where you cannot pass the stress test while remaining within safe voltage and temp parameters. Dial the core speed multiplier back to the last number that allowed you to pass the stress test.
4. Now increase the stress test time to 2 hr. for a final tweak. If you can't pass the two hour stress test, dial the core speed multiplier back by 1x.

Keep in mind that the amount of voltage it takes to make the oveclock stable after failing a stress test is not linear. You get to a point where to get one more increment of core speed requires a bunch more core voltage to get it stable. So you try to find the "sweet spot" where stability, safe temps and safe voltages seem to converge.

Get Prime95 v. 27.7 from here: http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=16779

Attachments

• What.JPG
    What.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 15
  • What2.JPG
    What2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 13
Back