• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

As Flames Roar out my ears , i will never buy anything again :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Having been on the other end of the tech support call I can tell you that most companies that have call centers have a specific set of standards when hiring call center reps. They are as follows.

1. Can the rep talk?

2. Can the rep read?

If you answered yes to the above questions you are now a fully "qualified" support rep.

The reality of it is the person you talk to is in now way a tech support rep. They are in fact a customer support rep that helps with minor tech issues. They have to have people like this to weed out the vast majority of calls from idiots. I actually had someone try to tell me that powercycling their phone would erase everything. There are higher level techs, but you have to go through each level before you get to the ones who actually know what they are talking about. Even then you are talking to a moron, and it isn't because they are stupid. It is because they can't trust the rep that you talked to first actually did anything correctly, plus the company they work for is dictating how they respond to your questions. If you got someone like me who cust through the BS then you actually got helped. I actually got in trouble for being "too honest" when asked if they wanted me to lie instead they said no. My response: "I'm confused".

I work for a company that supports Fortune 1000 companies and we can do whatever we want to fix an issue as long as it is something we support. It's awesome.

Here is an awesome article about why tech support sucks from cracked.com.

Back