• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock X670E Taichi Latest AGESA 1.0.0.7 BIOS does 7200 XMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Saved profiles never work after a BIOS update. The same is on ASUS or Gigabyte. ASUS is clearing the list in the last generation, so you can't even try to load it. A different code causes issues. Some years ago, when profiles were still listed after an update, I had the wrong values after loading profiles from different BIOS versions.

It's a bit weird, but the last BIOS update fixed the coil whine in idle on my ASRock B650E PG ITX. It also caused training and boot times to be shorter. These were the two most annoying things in this motherboard.

Edit:
New ASUS BIOS has this in the description:
"Update AGESA version to Combo AM5 PI 1.0.8.0 to support upcoming CPU."
I think it will be APU.
Changes in agesa versions bug up saved profiles unfortunately. But its logical when you think about it.
Interested if the 1.0.8.0 agesa has performance impacts? I head through the grapevine they were implementing fixes for malware exploits & it will impact performance not sure if this is true or not.

New bios broke my 1GB NIC.
Enabled in bios not available in W11 - not visible in HW manager either. heh. 2.5gb Nic is fine though.
I'll try a reflash later.
Only using the 1gb Nic for Hyper-V /VM - Linux test rig anyways. still an issue is an issue.

It looks like an early version, and AMD probably just delivered firmware/AGESA, so they had no time for more adjustments and proper tests (this is weird, but it happens all the time).

Changes in agesa versions bug up saved profiles unfortunately. But its logical when you think about it.
Interested if the 1.0.8.0 agesa has performance impacts? I head through the grapevine they were implementing fixes for malware exploits & it will impact performance not sure if this is true or not.

If I'm right then 1.0.8.0 only adds "new CPU support", and I'm almost sure it will be upcoming APUs. They're not listed until the premiere. It shouldn't affect currently available CPUs ... but as you can see in SF101's post, it may break something.

i've read (and linked to in another thread i cant find) that 1.0.8.0 (or some times called 1.0.0.8) will have new cpu support as well as the final fixes for some of the bugs that persisted in earlier 1.0.0.7 versions. i guess 7b and 7c were band aid fixes for some things?

rumor mill be rumor mill though so i guess we'll see

(or some times called 1.0.0.8)
This is the way... (how AMD/Mobo vendors list it).

So far, I've only seen this offer new cpu support. What else they may have baked in, or what else it may do, not sure. There's a reddit thread, but..... reddit. Lol

Well even flashing back a few previous bios versions - Nic 1 is still just gone on my board - even with cmos resets no change. (doesn't even light up on post , 2.5 port does )
Looks like quite a few others reporting similar - reported on the asrock report form. hopefully they have a fix that re enables the Ethernet port but i'm not holding my breath on it .
that's the first time I've had a bios basically kill something like that.

If i was you guys id really wait and not try it if you haven't already.

ASUS already released BIOS with improvements. I can't see anything on the ASRock side.

Well even flashing back a few previous bios versions - Nic 1 is still just gone on my board - even with cmos resets no change. (doesn't even light up on post , 2.5 port does )
Looks like quite a few others reporting similar - reported on the asrock report form. hopefully they have a fix that re enables the Ethernet port but i'm not holding my breath on it .
that's the first time I've had a bios basically kill something like that.

If i was you guys id really wait and not try it if you haven't already.
Will you kindly link the thread at the ASRock forum, please? I can reschedule out amd ask my contacts there. ;)

....it's odd that a flashback won't bring it back... is it using the troublesome i-226 NIC?

I feel like there have been problems with every Intel NIC in the last few years :bang head
Ha, yeah. They've had more than one problem with their NICs over the years. Wondering if this was a bad coinidence or what.

For giggles, I updated the X670E Pro RS sitting here for review with the 1.0.0.7b AGESA, the NIC still lives.

@SF101 - I'm 4 pages deep at the ASRock forums website, AMD Motherboards page and can't find the thread.

EDIT: @Woomack - both boards use the Realtek Dragon RTL8125B NIC...

Last edited:
I have Intel on my ASRock, but I'm only using WiFi recently. I'm surprised how stable are all of my connections as 2 PCs run 24/7 without issues and 3 more never had problems too.

Right now I have one more problem on client's server with Broadcom NICs. The same issues for years and DELL still uses Broadcom NICs. That client replaced older DELL server (~10 years) with new one and on both were the same issues with Broadcom. It looks like the local network works, OS says that internet works, but in real there is no internet connection.

Back to ASRock, I'm surprised that BIOS flashback doesn't work. I was flashing older BIOS on various motherboards but I had no X670E Steel Legend (it's pretty much the same as Taichi or Riptide, BIOS-wise).

Yea and I definitely don't feel like pulling my rig apart for a Network port.
The thought of that gives me an ulcer.

Yea it didn't kill the 2.5gb port at least so I'm on that now, if need another ill just use a pcie slot. add an intel 2.5 it's the fact that it killed the Nic with a bios update that's fearsome.

It also looks like they pulled. 1.30AS02 which was the bios that did the deed.

And replaced with 1.30.AS05

I think they remove older betas and put newer with some fixes. If it was an official version then it wouldn't be removed. This is also why I keep some beta versions on my local drive as later it will be almost impossible to find them (if they are any good).
I don't know if you had time to check it as maybe it will fix your NIC.

Updated. same issue. it's gone lol.
Can only hope the only thing effected is the Nic tbh.
They did offer RMA right away, possibly know what happened since I'm not the only one.
Stuff happens ya know.

This is the first time I've had a bios kill an individual part on a board.
However, I have had a Bios brick motherboard's before, been a while since that happened but I have had it on a few manufacturers including intel when they were making / selling boards.

I guess the best would be to send the board to ASRock. Their support usually works fast, but I have only experience with the EU one.

Intel motherboards had pretty bad support. I remember their small server motherboards having issues and no help for half year. Intel sells/get rid of everything and modifies everything that causes them problems and additional costs. I wonder what problems were causing NUCs that they sold the product line/brand to ASUS. I thought these small PCs were pretty successful with low RMA rate.

For tests and overclocking I'm almost only using ASUS as it's the only brand that keeps their higher motherboards with good support, often updates and improvements. It's hard to say the same about their lower series motherboards. Z690 motherboards were problematic, but besides that all series were the best or at least equal to some single competitive brands.

My ASRock B650E PG ITX is really annoying. I thought I can live with some weird things, but I installed it in my daily/gaming PC and after that it took me some time to set something as simple as CPU fans. There is no DC power option for the CPU fan connector. There is no option to disable 100% fan speed at "critical" temp limit. I had to cheat with max Tj and some other options only so the CPU fans stay at lower speed all the time and not bump to 100% every couple of minutes.
It's the best AM5 ASRock motherboard that I tested and it's still so annoying because of stupid design ideas. Like there is no BIOS reset button and CMOS reset pins are under the PCIe slot.

Edit:
Shows on US site now:

i've been doing some diggin lately on the various asrock sites and the Chinese site has bios version 2.0 for the X670 Taichi released today (11/6/23) with agesa 1.1.0.0 (?)

china x670e 11-2023.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that on my ITX mobo a couple of days ago, but it was a beta, and they removed that version before I tested it.
I'm curious when Gigabyte updates their BIOS. They still use 1.0.0.7b/c in most mobos.

Back