• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V133's, 1.2 Ghz Heat Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnniest5

Registered
I am using a Thermaltake Super Orb on my Athlon 1.2 Ghz 266 FSB and Asus Probe is giving me a temperature reading at 54-58 most of the time. Is this normal? Or is there a bug with the program?

Does anyone has the same problem as I do? I think I'm using Probe version 2.12.06 or something.

I'm thinking of getting a different heatsink to isolate the heating problem. I heard that ThermoEngine and Swiftech MC462 are very good cooler. Does anyone have any experience with those two?

SuperOrb will not cool a 1.2 well. Recommend one of the hsf's you stated.
Don't even think of overclocking with temps like that.

Get yourself a real cooler. I had a PEP 66 with two Y/S 26cfm fans. It never got higher than 44*C. Just converted to a Swiftech 462A. Waiting to receive the special Delta fan to see if the temp drop lower than my PEP did.

Pat

Thanks all. I have on order a Global Win WBK38 on its way. Although I like the Swiftech MC462 and ThermoEngine better, they are too rare to be on any stores. I can't find anyone that has those. I saw in a review about a Global Win CAK38, but nobody carries that one. I'm not sure if it's even in production yet. Anybody knows anything about it?

You should like the Global Win WBK38. Supposed to be good. Whatever you do, get rid of the Orb!

Orb bad Orb very Bad

Run-em Cool

Back