• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A88X mobos... why so many bios updates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sologuy

I personally have the A88X-Plus mobo from Asus and it, so far, has had 20 bios updates since release. Freaking amazing imo! never have I seen a mobo with so many bios updates and this is after about 15 years of OC enthusiasm on Intel and AMD platforms...

After doing a bit of research, its seems the other top 3 mobos with this chipset have also had significant bios updates since release to market.

The Crossblade Ranger had had 9 bios since approx mid '14

A88X-Pro had had 19 since approx last quarter of '13

A88X Gamer had 9 also since approx mid '14

I haven't looked at other mobo vendors lists, but to me it seems that this top tier mobo manufacturer is, or are facing a challenge with AMD's APU unique design & A88X chipsets and technical requirements... I'm just speculating here.. but it odd to say the least..:-/

I'm interested in what other members have to say on this issue??? :)

True.

But thats how hardware goes, you put something out there, and then have to maintain it for the lifespan of the product line.

Else risk losing customer base.
Could be due to initial engineering issues, or problems with certain chipsets.

Only real way to find out, would be to find out exactly what was changed in each bios iteration.

Back