• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8V Deluxe Overclocking Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
False positive errors with Windows Memory Diagnostics

Hi,

for all of you who get errors when using Windows Memory Diagnostics 0.4 (a Microsoft tool for checking memory) with the A8V: it seems that when the onboard promise controller is enabled, that tool produces bogus errors, i.e. it reports errors which aren't really there. I tested it with my Winchester 3200+, Bios 1008.003 and original Infineon HYS64D64300HU-5-B Modules - standard settings (Auto), nonOC!

Can anybody please verify this? It is reproducable here.

cu,

Jackie

Last edited:
Good idea!

I think I can convert this to a .pdf. In fact, that's what I'm going to do...take all the interesting threads I've participated in and make a small pdf book out of it :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been swamped of late, so its a bit hard to keep this thread up to date.

Thanks again,

S-N

Re 'Case 1: BioVader'

Apologies for posting here.. posting this in the discussin thread in a min once i have read it all...

Has anyone managed to get the promise sata raid working on this board ?, via raid fails when oc'd, ide on promise ok, but can't get system to boot using 2x WD 74gb raptors on 0 stripped, using promise raid controller ??, help any idea's

Thx Tom.:mad:

magx said:
i've got a Asus A8v Deluxe Mobo and when i set my ram voltage to 2.8v my system locks up in windows no matter what i do. Any ideas? Also, i've got a amd 64 3500+ winchester @ 2.2 ghz right now...all i wanna know is HOW DO I GET THIS SUCKER AT 2.4 GHZ with my memory staying at 200 mhz (400 mhz) with the hypertransport bus at 1000 mhz? is there a way i can download a modded bios to allow me to adjust the hypertransport bus by 10 mhz each or something? Mine is set like:200 mhz 400 mhz 600 mhz 800 mhz then 1000 mhz...

I'm also confused about the memory dividers too...

here's the 3 main things in my system that i'm using to overclock:

OCZ 520W Powerstream
OCZ EL Platinum Rev 1 2-3-2-5 1t (2x 512 MB)
AMD 64 3500+ Winchester @ 2.2 GHZ with 0 stepping.

1th2.jpg

2uy5.jpg

all you neeed to do is raise the fsb to 220 and set the htt to 800 , leave everything else set to auto
U may have to raise the v core but i dought it

ASUS APB overclocking help
1.8ghz Northwood Processor 400 FSB can i overclock this to run it comparable to the 2.4ghz 533FSB

sorry APB

actually ASUS APB 400fsb
need to know if i can get my 1.8 ghz Northwood P4 overclocked to run comparable to 2.4ghz 533fsb

Back