• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p6t se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steakburger

Here are my specs
generic 650 watt psu
intel i7 930 2.80
v-skill ddr 3 1333 3 sticks of 2 gb
ati radeon 5670 1gb
1tb 7200 rpm hdd
system is 2 yrs 3months old
i run 2 monitors 1 22 in the 2nd one 17 in i play games for about 15 hours daily so the pc is under heavy load daily

Let me start at the beginning. So about 2 weeks go my pc started to freeze up and hang so went into the bios and saw that my cpu was idling at 70c after idling in the bios for 10 min it started at 30 but just kept rising past 70c, so I shut the pc down and ordered 2 more front panel fans and a new liquid cooling antec kuhler 620 and put 2 Thermaltake 120 mm case fans and with my top case fan and a vga cooler with a pci express input.

After I received the parts I installed them and put new thermal compound in and everything else. And tried to press the motherboard power switch nothing happened. So I called Asus to get some help and took everything out. Tested the power supply with a paper clip then tested the motherboard it worked and the memory was fine the video card was fine the hard drive was fine so I put everything back in , but hey there is more when I tried to boot. I got no beeps but the motherboard power switch led was on. So I did some research and cleared the CMOS with the process of using the 3 prongs. So after I did that my system booted and I did a clean windows install all the required drivers and played for about 17 hours. I used the Asus app to monitor the Cpu temp was 30 to 45c. so after I shut the pc down the top fan connected to the motherboard was still on and spinning and the other 3 fan connected to my fan controller were also spinning and at that time I stepped on my surge protector and turned it off and it turned everything else off. I was like FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i took the cpu out to see if it go fried and smelled around for smoke and nothing looked like anything had singe marks or burn marks . After 7 hours I turned it on and tried to turn on the pc no boot. So I clicked the top case power button and no boot clicked the motherboard power switch no boot . so I unplugged the cord and hours later plugged the power cord back in turned the power on motherboard switch led is on but when I pushed the button no boot when I push the top panel power button no boot pressed top panel reset no boot . Everything is plugged in properly .

So in final thoughts here is my theory on what I think happened the memory or the motherboard shorted out or fried or something happened cause I g ot no idea. I have been dealing with this **** for 3 days.

Last edited:
Back