• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 1.3 @ 80 degrees F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

Seems a bit high... I am using a Volcano 5, and I dont think it should be this high. Currently, its only got the thermal pad under (havent gotten the Arctic Silver yet)... will a real paste lower this some? How much? Thanks...

thats supper high.:eek: I once was running hot with my 1.4T-Bird but after I switched heat sinks and fans I dropped 20C. Before my current HeatSink and fan, I had a copper core and Thermal Take. The copper was a little to thick and was causing my heating problem. So I switch, "Can't remember what type right now" but I saw a massive change in temps.

Is the heat Sink on correctly?

Hmmmm... you mean 80C, right? 80F is not bad at all, that's WELL within tolerance. 80C is... WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hot. Definitely get some ASIII on there, and make sure that old heat pad has been scrubbed off good with isopropyl alcohol before you put on the ASIII. See what kind of temps you get then. If that does not lower it to below 45 or so, consider investing in a Swifty or a Glaciator or something of the like.

if you mean 80C, then that is way too hot!!!

if you mean 80F, that is a good temp.

Starfox said:
if you mean 80C, then that is way too hot!!!

if you mean 80F, that is a good temp.

Star I don't mean to jump down your throat but this post was pointless. I beleive it was a stat padder. You said the same exact thing as Jazz and I mean the same :

Orginally posted by Jazztrumpet216
Hmmmm... you mean 80C, right? 80F is not bad at all, that's WELL within tolerance. 80C is... WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hot.

AMEN TO THAT, AMD'er. I've seen so much "star padding" lately that I've almost lost interest in the forums. (I say almost... not totally) :) Way to go.

NeoMoses said:
AMEN TO THAT, AMD'er. I've seen so much "star padding" lately that I've almost lost interest in the forums. (I say almost... not totally) :) Way to go.

Thx, I'm glad someone agree with me. enough is enough, there is now way in hell you could average 20 sumtin post per day of good quality info and input. I have seen to much lil one and 2 word answers and repeating of what someone said a line before yours. ya know. That post just really got under my skin. I know Fox had to see what the first person wrote and truned right around and put the same exact thing. Cmon I mean DAMN:mad:

Just to let you 2 know, I have sent PMs to both Skip and SSS about Starfox and his post padding...SSS says he is not post padding and Skip says the mods are on him already. I also PMed Starfox himself but he said he would stop...but hasn't.

Back