• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor Overclock STUCK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedHatSolutions

I know I have an old system but it's all I can afford at the moment since I am currently going back to school, but here are my specs

Motherboard: ASRock A785GM-LE
RAM: 3 GIGS DDR2
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor Rev. JH-F2
Video Card: PCIe ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4350
PSU: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W

So basically I can't get it over 2.82 Ghz no matter what setting.
As of right now settings in BIOS are as follows:
Core Clock: 218
CPU Multiplier: 13
Vcore: 1.35v

Theres a TON of other options in the BIOS that I am not familiar with, if I try and go any higher it'll either loop from windows loading screen to complete restart, or just no picture at all and I have to do the jumper to clear the BIOS.

I did try and set HT to 4x and lower, and lower my RAM frequency and tried different multipliers and and Vcore voltages...and I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I Really would just like a nice 3.0 Ghz or as close to it as possible...Thanks!

Last edited:
IF you have lowered the HT multi, set the RAM on a divider and increased to Vcore there is little else that will help you aside from raising the NB voltage which will in your case likely do little good as your FSB is not really being taxed.

To be frank 3.0GHz is likely out of the question for your Windsor on air and that is not at all un-common. They often need extreme Vcore resulting in at least a good water cooling set-up to break 3.0GHz stable.

Last edited:
I have a really good cooler the Zalman CNPS12, it runs at 29c now and under load no more than 38c
Yeah my FSB is rated at like 1085 mhz, I figured, I was going to buy a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz, it works for this motherboard and its relatively cheap...this ASROCK MB isnt the "most expensive" or the "greatest" but for the price it has a ton of options up to a phenom II x6, and a really nice overclockers wet dream of a BIOS...what do you think about the Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.

Last edited:
955BE has been the old reliable for a few years now and still should be. Good board, good cooling; then 3.8 to 4.0Ghz should be attainable without having to go crazy.

Yeah my FSB is rated at like 1085 mhz, I figured, I was going to buy a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz, it works for this motherboard and its relatively cheap...this ASROCK MB isnt the "most expensive" or the "greatest" but for the price it has a ton of options up to a phenom II x6, and a really nice overclockers wet dream of a BIOS...what do you think about the Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.
The 955 is a solid CPU and the performance increase you will get moving up to it is quite large.

ARRGH! Ninjaed!

Back