• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 900 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jab-tech

The Jab-Tech Guy
I have a friends PC here that is overheating...

The internal temperature of the case is about 90 degrees and the CPU is 140 Degrees...

What should I expect to see with no OC'ing ?? About 30 above ambient under full load ????

We have tried a variety of heatsinks and nothing brings it down much..

Try taking the case side off. Make sure the PC isnt next to a radiator or anything. Check that cooling is installed properly, all fans are working correctly, heatsinks are free of dust and that there arent a load of wires in the way.

David

It has a new heatsink and used arctic silver.

My XP2200 runs at about 120 degrees but is overclocker.. The Ambient temperature is the same as they are both in the same room.

If I can get it down to 120 degrees I'll be happy.

I have an Athlon 950 with a dual-fan Alpha heatsink. The case deffinately needs an extra fan or more as this CPU does put out a good amount of heat.

If his case has no case fan, other than the PSU, you're basically just blowing the same hot air around inside. You need a better supply of cooler air being drawn in. If he does have a case fan (lower front?) then one in the back of case, right under PSU exhausting the hot air should work as well.

Back