• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthonXP 2600+ siting...for sale, possibly in stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
For those interested, I quite accidentally stumbled upon an AthlonXP 2600 for sale while looking for something else.

It's on sale for 350 bucks, which IMHO is a bit much for a CPU that may only be good for 2.2-2.3ghz. And, it appears to be instock, hitting "buy" adds it to your cart.

Not clue if its truly in stock though, or how reputable the company is. For anyone interested in trying ResellerRatings, the seller is "ATACOM".

Here's The link

If anyone is buying this, or tries, do let us know if its instock.

BTW they are OEM's, not retail packaging.

Mike

Atacom only have a reseller rating of 5.27 over last 6 months - so would very much doubt they have it in stock! Besides I dont think it is available till the end of November

BZBoyz claims to have it in stock as well. They've got it priced at $299. I've done business with them once and that was nearly three years ago. Ordered a CPU/mobo bundle, mobo went bad, they refunded the money. Others haven't been so lucky.

~THT

This is definately not worth it. In several months time, this CPU price will be reduced to well under $200 US and will be alot more machured meaning greater overclocks will be achieved possibly.

I would recommend the 2400+ to everyone seeking performance right now. With a nice copper heatsink, 2.4GHz is attainable with an aggressive voltage.

OC-Master

Back