• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the 2600 and 2700 have been in stock for 3 days at newegg? amd doing something right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

the 2600 and 2700 have been in stock for 3 days at newegg? amd doing something right?

I know this is kinda a minor observation, but when the 2400 came out, it was in stock at newegg.com for like 2 hours.
then it sporatically showed up for a hour or two on any given day for the last month.
now it's really easy to find.

I am suprised the same thing hasn't happend with the 2600 and 2700 cause they been in stock for 3 straight days now...

is new egg, just taking thier time updating thier site cause it's the weekend, or is amd keeping up with the demand?

or is the demand just low given the price?

well id say the demand isnt as bad as it was when we just had the 2400 out by itself. now we have 3 great choices.24-2700 killer!

i cant wait to see some 2700 oc scores and how well its oc's.

Anyone else think that the new XP1800+ (at 266FSB) and XP2600 at 333FSB (Tbred B's) will be the overclock kings of the future?

o GOD yes :D :D :D I Love AMD :cool:

19-103-349-02.JPG

Wow it only took 2 weeks from manufacture of that chip to have it assembled and then get it to the distributors and retailers - AMD is really getting its *** into gear now!

Mr. $T$ said:
o GOD yes :D :D :D I Love AMD :cool:

19-103-349-02.JPG

Where is this pic from? Is this yours? I notice it is a new AIUGB stepping. My 2700 is still AIUCB, so I wonder if this new "G" will clock better?

Soul_keeper said:
how are yur 2600 and 2700+'s overclocking ??
you two bumped um up yet ?:burn:

I'm gonna fire me 2700 up tonight, but I am a little skeptical, because there is a little chip/scratch on the top edge of the silicon.

I now see that the pic above of the 2600 was taken from the Newegg site. I wonder if the 2700's they have are fgrom this same stepping? On the site the 2700 info is grayed out, unlike the 2600 pic.

Last edited:
new chips

A few new steppings have probably produced higher yields of better chips and so now 2600+ and 2700+ models have become more widely available. The cost will remain high for a few months as they keep pace with the higher models of P4 as far as price goes.

Are you forgetting that the 2900+ and 3000+ models are set to launch in December just after Christmas. AMD needs to get these lower models out the door before being able to release newer faster models.

The XP2900+ and XP3000+ use newer steppings which allow for the 2.4GHz speeds with only 1.65V.

Back