• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Windows 10 64-Bit Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Does anyone know where I can get Windows 10 drivers for this older card? It's in a laptop, so upgrading the GPU is not an option.

I found a set of drivers that are compatible with Windows 10, but they crash a lot.

Will Windows 10 install on the machine? If so, it has built in drivers.

Will Windows 10 install on the machine? If so, it has built in drivers.

I already have Windows 10 running on the machine. The base drivers with Windows 10 didn't work well. I found an updated driver (don't have the details...at work) that works better, but still causes display driver crashes.

I can't install the latest Catalyst drivers as the install program errors out saying that my card isn't supported anymore.

The links didn't work (could be the firewall here).

I don't remember where I got the drivers from...I'll check when I get home tonight.

I was hoping that somebody already went through this with an older card and had solved this problem...save me some time. :D

Those links didn't work at home either...I'm not sure what versions you are trying to link.

The ones I have running now (that crash) are:

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver Date: 01/13/2015

Driver Version: 8.970.100.9001

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Didn't work...that driver still crashes too. :mad:

WTF is up with ATI not supporting a Windows 10 driver for a card that's only 5 years old? Makes me happy I stayed with NVIDIA.

Didn't work...that driver still crashes too. :mad:

WTF is up with ATI not supporting a Windows 10 driver for a card that's only 5 years old? Makes me happy I stayed with NVIDIA.

Five years? Try January of '09. Almost 7 years old.

what I did with windows 10 and a hd 4870 was download the win8 64bit drivers (should be 13.5 beta or something)
start the unpack process (should dump all the install files in C:\\AMD)
then go into the control panel > device manager
gpu>update driver>have disc
browse the amd folder and there should be a a couple of drivers in one of the folders (install any of these)
after that start the setup for ccc and it should install now

Back