• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI-TV Wonder freezes.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlesHF

Hey guys. I need some help here. :( I just got my new ATI-TV Wonder today, and plugged it up, etc. It works great, in all resolutions 340*240 and less, but the instant that I bring it above that, my system completely freezes dead in the water.
The TV screen freezes and stays the same size, although the window moves to change to the larger resolution size. The sound keeps coming through, but everything is just dead. No mouse, no ctrl+alt+del, no alt+F4, no nothing. :mad: I have to do a cold restart. :eek:

Anyone have any ideas abou this? Thanks. :)

MospeadasDark said:
What videocard are you using?

They're known to not work w/ GF4's.

Oh, hehe. I forgot to list my system. :rolleyes: I also posted over at Rage, maybe they can help.

nVidia TNT2
XP1600+
Win2KPro w/SP3

I was just on the ATI website, and they were saying something about the TNT/TNT2 freezing with one frame (kind of like mine), and it having something to do with the overlay. I tried to go to their recommended website, but it was dead. Anybody have any ideas, except for a long overdue new graphics card? (I'm thinking Abit GF4 Ti4200)

You probably don't have enough video RAM to do overlay that big.

I don't see why you couldn't. Assuming the TNT is 32MB. It should be enough for 640X480. Last I checked, the TV-Wonder drivers were like 10-'01.

Back