• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy = Crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DreamClocker

Registered
The Audigy in my opinion is one of the WORST soundcards, either i had completely wrong settings, or this is a terrible machine :mad:

What seems to be the problem?
Have you tried the latest drivers? (They updated the Audigy2 drivers...not sure if they work with A1.)
Your mobo chipset drivers (like suggested above) all installed proper?

If you can help it try not to put the Audigy in the PCI slot below your AGP (I think you may have known that already though)

I just read a post here that says the Audigy2 driver do indeed work with the Audigy1. I have not used it myself though, good luck.

Rafterman223 said:
I can't even tell the difference between integrated audio and audigy...*sigh*

maybe you aren't an audiophile, or you're listening to the wrong sounds. or you must have nvidia integrated sound? because if you can't tell the difference between some cheap integrated stuff i've heard and an audigy card, you should invest in some q-tips.

audigy doesn't suck, it's much better than their old cards.
never had a problem, nice clean sound.

specific said:

maybe you aren't an audiophile, or you're listening to the wrong sounds. or you must have nvidia integrated sound? because if you can't tell the difference between some cheap integrated stuff i've heard and an audigy card, you should invest in some q-tips.

audigy doesn't suck, it's much better than their old cards.
never had a problem, nice clean sound.

Yeh, the NVidia integrated sound is quite nice. A friend of mine just purchased the A7N8X, and it features this...his 15" kicker SLAMS now, more than before.

Johnny Knoxville said:
we know it's crap, go read the sound card debate in the debates section to see how much creative suck

I've never had a problem with any of the Creative products I've bought.

- Creative Blaster Banshee
- 5X Creative DVD (with DXR2 decoder card)
- Creative 48X CDROM
- Creative 6/4/24 CDRW
- Soundblaster Live! (first edition)
- two Creative Soundblaster 16's
- three Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1's
- 2 Creative AWE 64's (ISA)

Now, am I just lucky or are you guys doing something I'm not doing? Or am I doing something you guys aren't doing? Don't just arbitrarily say "Creative sucks".

KLowD9x said:

Yeh, the NVidia integrated sound is quite nice. A friend of mine just purchased the A7N8X, and it features this...his 15" kicker SLAMS now, more than before.

Im sorry but hows does that make it "slam" more. He probly just turned the bass up. I thought voltage outputs were standerdized. Or the previous card wasnt reproducing all the frequencies of the material.

MEAT BAG said:

Im sorry but hows does that make it "slam" more. He probly just turned the bass up. I thought voltage outputs were standerdized. Or the previous card wasnt reproducing all the frequencies of the material.

The prev. card was AC97 onboard audio. It def. wasnt reproducing all freqs. especiall below 150Hz. The N2 is giving a nice reproduction...

My Audigy sounds good, but I remember one time it sounded horrible. I forget what I did to it. I think I changed some setting in it's control panel.

oh my gosh i just upgraded to this Audigy 2 and this thing explodes with power my ears have never been more happier in my whole life. for only 79.95 :p Go to the bank pull $150.00 out and get yourself one then with the left over money take yourself out for some lobster for good work. :)

I have (have had) SBLive, Audigy, Audigy2, TBSC, and various integrated chipsets. The Audigy is not a bad soundcard.

People that say such and such product "sucks" or "owns" usually just had a bad experience with one product and a good experience with another. In different circumstances the tables could be turned 180 degrees.

The simple truth of the matter is that for PC applications any modern PCI sound card (chip) is going to produce sound quality along the same lines. If you're obsessed with high end audio - obviously there are better choices. However, I seriously doubt anyone looking for such a product would be reading overclockers.com.

you know, my mobo (see below) has onboard 5.1 surround-sound capabilities and i haven't even tried it yet cuz i had an audigy 1 from my last system and it sounds just fine..........and have the creative inspire 5100!? (i forget and don't wanna go look in the basement) to play off of...........definitely jams for playing dvd's..........had problems getting drivers to load when going from sblive! to audigy but once the right driver was in place, no problem...............

I dont say creative sucks because of one bad experience. I say it from owning about 5 diff creative cards. all having driver issues and none ever sounding as good as the GTXP

Richard said:

The simple truth of the matter is that for PC applications any modern PCI sound card (chip) is going to produce sound quality along the same lines. If you're obsessed with high end audio - obviously there are better choices. However, I seriously doubt anyone looking for such a product would be reading overclockers.com.

so you are saying that audigy is the best product for all of us? You are obviously forgetting that it has DRM copyright protection, driver issues, some of their marketing specifications are false, too many instances of irq conflicts, overpriced (can get better cards for same price), cheap quality and that creative used to charge for drivers. I'm not just arbitrarily saying "Creative sucks". Those are the reasons they suck.

Back