• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy = Crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
easy Johnny, have owned a # of SB's myself and never had the crappy sound you/others are complaining about........use my system to play music, watch dvd's, game, etc.........no probs.....and the sound is very good, not just par...........'course, i'm not about to say no one's had problems cuz some VIA chipsets didn't work too well w/SB's but i've owned 2 different VIA mobos and neither of them had a problem running the card - no driver issues in the long run or irq conflicts...........

No Problems with my audigy.....sounds great. Just don't put it in the 1st pci. Some of their software is a pain though!

bterry13 said:
My Audigy sounds good, but I remember one time it sounded horrible. I forget what I did to it. I think I changed some setting in it's control panel.

I just bought some z 640s hope they sound good with my audigy that i am awaiting from newegg.
One question thought, how does the firewire work on it.... does it work well, just curious, one of the reasons i went with an audigy is so i could take out my firewire card :)

i think some people may have some problems with audigy and windows xp. i kept getting random reboots in games but all i did was keep up to date with windows updates and got the latest drivers (8/26/2002 was the driver date i believe. got them from www.creative.com). solved that problem. now it runs fine

and if anyone has used the audigy2 drivers with audigy, let me know how they worked for you

maxwedge said:
No Problems with my audigy.....sounds great. Just don't put it in the 1st pci. Some of their software is a pain though!

don't put anything in the 1st pci. doesn't it always share IRQs with the AGP slot? it does on my board

I didn't say the audigy was the best product. I'm saying that there's not as much difference as a lot of people claim.

Hardware's a funny thing. Some people have nothing but problems with a particular product. While others never have a problem. I WON'T say I've NEVER had a problem with Creative Labs soundcards, but I do know that their cards are not crap. In fact, I'd say the Audigy2 is the best sound card I've had.

YMMV

travenwatts said:

don't put anything in the 1st pci. doesn't it always share IRQs with the AGP slot? it does on my board

actually if i remeber i was reading the book for one of my boards, im not sure witch, 1&5 are shared 2&agp and 3 and 4 i think where independant...

Back