• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.avi no workee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
do other media types work? What OS are you running? I had this problem for a while with all types of movie media files and it eventually went away mysteriously, Actually, this happend twice :\....

Right click on the file -->Properties -->Summary

Down at the bottom it says Video Compression. Make sure you have the proper codec installed to play these files.

No wait......I realize what happened now..............installed WMP9 Beta..................hmmmmm.......................yep...........no codecs.....d'oh!

You'll have to switch to a different player. WMP9 is supposedly harder to remove than Internet Explorer.

The DiVx5 player is okay, but I prefer using the simplistic and stable Windows Media Player 2 since it doesn't use stupid space-wasting skins.

Try BS Player, That is really what it is called!! Its an azome .divx and .avi player. Much better then "The Playa" or Alpha 5 player.

Oh one thing, BS is REALY UGLY with its base skin! but luckly there are plenty of skins for it!

i have win xp pro, divx 3 and divx 5 installed and in some of the avi's i have i don't have video, all i can see in media player is this visual plugin being played why is that?

Try a different media player, or make sure all the codecs are installed. The most common ones are 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x try installing the fourth one as you said that you have 3 and 5 installed already.

it wasnt working with divx 4 too, i read somewhere that most of the files are encoded in divx3 or divx5 and divx4 was lame (due to one reason or another) so basically if we have divx3 and 5 we can play about every file

Back