• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[B] HELP!! w/ NetWerkin WindowSEXp and Mac O.S. 9.2[/B]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixman

Registered
i need help netwerkin my 2 machines, i cannot find a firewall suitable e nough 4 my mac and i would like to use my dell as the server 4 my internet access and printer, could n e 1 help me! i no that i have to have nwlink installed on the WindowSEXp machine, but what bout the MAC_G5?
what shall i do O what shall i do!!?? n e help would B GREATLY appreciated!!

Kendan

Senior Punk
matrixman said:
i need help netwerkin my 2 machines, i cannot find a firewall suitable e nough 4 my mac and i would like to use my dell as the server 4 my internet access and printer, could n e 1 help me! i no that i have to have nwlink installed on the WindowSEXp machine, but what bout the MAC_G5?
what shall i do O what shall i do!!?? n e help would B GREATLY appreciated!!

Switching to OSX will make things so much easier on you from what I have heard. Good luck I am sure someone will be able to help you do it though;)

OP
M

matrixman

Registered
:bang head :bang head
well so far i've been able to get the mac to "see" my cable conncectiom 4 the Enter_net by makin the ip address of the mac the same as my alien wareZ PC. then the DHCP gave the MAC it's own IP, but i still can't git the MAC to see the shared files....i installed
ipnetrouter, but it was a pain in the *** to werk w/, i got it all set up and i got my WindowSEXp PC set up, or so i thought , but they STILL wouldnt communicate n e thoughts or suggestionZ?
:bang head :bang head

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
Your language is VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

I'm not completely sure what you are asking for, but if you are asking for a Linux Router/Firewall/DHCP/DNS Server recommendation, I would heartily recommend Smoothwall. You will need a machine to be the server, a network hub or switch, and a few network cables.

If you really need the server to also be a Print Server (which I think might be part of your question), then ClarkConnect is a good choice.