• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backside Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s7e9h3n

Registered
Hi all,

I just recently bought a Crystal Orb for my Gainward GF3ti200. After replacing the stock heatsink/fan (which looks like a Blorb), I began thinking about how I could use this extra fan. I was wondering if anybody has tried to mount this fan on the backside of the card since it does get really hot on graphic intensive programs. I know that you just can't simply place the fan on top of the card since the little circuits would short out. Could I just use the piece of thermal tape that came with the Crystal Orb and place it on top of these circuits and then put the fan on top of that? Or can I use some AS3 instead? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I dont think I would attach it to the top of the card. Your best bet is to put a fan above it or on the side blowing in.

I just want to be able to utilize the fan's heatsink. Plus, I could use the stock mounting brackets since there are the pre-drilled holes in by board......

Back