• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad 3dmark scores...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phatmonkey

My specs are in my sig...

My scores:
3dmark01se = 16862
3dmark03 = 6383

What is wrong with my 3dmark01 score? A mate (Freddie, hes around here somewhere) agreed that that was a bad score. I have Kingston Valueram on standard timings, thinking of getting some new ram sometime. The temperatures in the sig seem correct, if I turn my case fans off, the load temperature soars over 40c. The cpu heatsink feels cold to touch too. The 9800pro/xt runs very hot though, don't know exact temp as only the real xts have temp probes. C drive is defragmented (where windoze and 3dmark is). I have closed as many background programs as I can. I haven't started stopping services. I may try installing another windows installation on my new 120gb sata drive and try it with that, with everything i can uninstalled/turned off.

Also, my clock is at 158mhz x19. My vcore is 1.6v (+200mv) If i put it up to 166, i get a blue stop error at the start of the windows loading screen. With the vcore at 1.65, I get the stop screen at the end of the windows loading screen, or the screen turns off (standby mode, ie no signal from the gfx card) and the hard disk light is solid on. with the vcore at 1.7 i get the same.

Any ideas?

Lots of things to try. First, what memory ratio are you using? If it's set to 1:1, see if you have a 4:5 ratio. Not sure it'll run at the 3:4 ratio, but that might be worth a try. Having the right vid card driver is very important. I've tried several now and Cat 3.7 seem to work really good. I must admit I haven't tried the most recent ones yet. What settings do you have on your vid card? For high 3Dmark scores you want the performance settings checked. A chean reformat will help a little. Then go to Blackviper's website and optimize your operating system. Good luck.

I have the latest 4.3 catalysts, i will try 3.7. If i set them to performance settings, i get 400 (around 16400) less on the 01 scores, I have tried it twice, it's not just chance. I will check out Blackvipers site too.

Ok, something is wrong... I have done a complete reinstall of windows on my new 120gb sata drive, followed all the instructions on blackvipers site, turned off and uninstalled basically everything and these are my 3dmark01 scores:

Catalyst 3.7:
Wouldn't install. Errors in the setup:
INF error

Video driver not found.

and

Setup was unable to complete the installation.

Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA

driver before running setup.

So I tried off my original setup disk:

Catalyst 3.2:
Standard settings: 15733
Sliders on performance: 15578 & 15486

Catalyst 4.3:
Standard settings: 15621

Oh dear. I got the 16862 score on a windows installation that i have been using daily for around a year, under heavy use. It takes (literally) around 10mins to start up and 15mins to shutdown. I haven't tweaked it at all. It has the 4.3 drivers.
What the hell is wrong?

Back