• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad sound cards???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punisher2k3

i bought a pci sound card to accomodate surround speakers. the power at my house went out yesterday and the right channel of the speakers doesnt work. is it the pci sound card or the mobo??? i also have onboard sound and when i plug in my spin 50's the right side doesnt work??? is it the onboard sound or the mobo??? any help is greatly appreciated.

punisher2k3:eek: :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Did you have the onboard sound enabled with the soundcard installed? From what I know about onboard sound, you have to disable it in order for the sound card to work properly or to work at all.

If you tried with the sound card AND the onboard and the right side didn't work, I think your right speaker could be dead.

punisher2k3 said:
i also have onboard sound and when i plug in my spin 50's the right side doesnt work???

punisher2k3:eek: :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Another thing, I don't know if it works and neither does anyone else here. Please reread your posts and make sure you use correct punctuation because that sentence is very confusing.

Back