• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman Arkham Knight - frame drops . Ram or HDD issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I checked fps , when i am gettting that drops to 45-50 fps my gpu usage is going to 40% and then again up to 70%. So this is not ram or ss related. What can it be then??? My psu is Corsair 750 RM

That is your CPU power effecting your GPU. I would look to see if anything is running in the back ground some of the time look at your CPU usage at Idle. If you don't find anything it is probably just the game using system memory at the incorrect time a poor game engine.

sew... read the link Janus provided.

GPU use can fluctuate with FPS and swapping/lack of ram. When there isn't any data to push, it uses less power.

For the umteenth time, your card is NOT faulty.

EDIT: And its not a lack of horsepower on the CPU. Its a 4790K for Pete's sake.

From Janus' link:
The publisher officially advises that Windows 10 users have at least 12GB of RAM in order to run Batman: Arkham Knight smoothly. 12. 12 of them, folks. Windows 7 and Windows 8? They don’t demand 12GB, just Windows 10. Here’s the publisher’s actual advice.

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.[/B]

Windows 10 users on Steam are reporting that with 8GB of RAM (a more standard amount), Batman: Arkham Knight still stutters.

GPU use can fluctuate with FPS and swapping/lack of ram. When there isn't any data to push, it uses less power. EDIT: And its not a lack of horsepower on the CPU. Its a 4790K for Pete's sake.

Just a note swapping or also called paging/lack of ram causes stalling or hitching. When there isn't any data to push, that also causes stalling and hitching. Multitasking like something running in the back ground would load the CPU and lower the load on the GPU causing the FPS to go down.

Troubleshooting things like this is easy for me I always have had bottom spefications gaming PC's

Just a note swapping or also called paging/lack of ram causes stalling or hitching.
I said that earlier/known information, yep! This is why we told him to go get more ram and then look into an SSD. Both of these would eliminate or minimize the problem according to the links we provided.

Multitasking like something running in the back ground would load the CPU and lower the load on the GPU causing the FPS to go down.
Also true, though likely not the case here. Take a look at his task manager screen shot and see that the CPU isn't pegged when gaming. There is still plenty of headroom for other background tasks. That, and I would read the link Janus provided, the google search I provided, and my post that references Janus' link. It says straight up that he needs more ram in W10. Wouldn't logic dictate to try that first considering the information we have???

Id like to keep this particular OP focused and not open up a can of worms over not likely scenarios... the rabbit hole is deeper than you ever would imagine here... :p

Last edited:
Aa needed help . So i plugged new memory 16gb. But first time when i launch pc , pc wont boot, black screen on monitor and red light on mobo.So i reseat memory and all is fine pc booted. What caused that was not booted first time? Should i worried?

Don't worry about the memory or PC you probably did not have it seated correctly. How is the game doing?

I am running memtest now 50 minutes without errors. Hammer test now . Its enough or wait more?

You're RAM is almost certainly fine, it was likely just your BIOS getting used to having you switched the memory that was installed. Did you leave the old RAM or replace it entirely with the new 16GB kit?

I plugged off old memory. And plugged new ( 2x8gb ). First time pc wont booted, red light on mobo. So i reseat memory again ( using the same slots ) and pc booted. Weird?!

I plugged off old memory. And plugged new ( 2x8gb ). First time pc wont booted, red light on mobo. So i reseat memory again ( using the same slots ) and pc booted. Weird?!
Nope It likely wasn't seated properly or just needed a second boot because of different speeds and timings... like Janus already said. Please don't ask the same question a third time...

OK thank you i will try game and msg here if it improves performance :)

Damned. The same drops on the same places in game. When i am riding fast in batmobile fps just drops to 45-50s and back again up to 70-80s. During that gpu usage is dropping from 66% to 44% and back again to 66%. But hard disk is not working i dont hear it. So it must be a game just? But like i said on other youtube users i dont saw that problem.

If you have an extra hdd try a clean install of Windows and the game and see if it fixes things. If it does then you know it's not a hardware issue.

On other users on youtube i dont saw that drops like me with low gpu usage . But other games runs fine , so i doubt that is something with hardware.

Yeah, this is where we are at now really... that is, assuming sew tried different drivers... sew??????

I tried 3 drivers:) And the same. Game just starts lagging when i am riding fast in batmobile from 70-80 fps to 45-50 fps . Gpu usage is going down from 66% to 44% and again up.I dont know why. :(( Maybe i must have SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back