• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 1 open beta released today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Supposedly they were DDos'd...

If you go to the 'legacy' browser (if you can get there), join a server that is full and wait in queue. Saw that on the web amd it worked for me. :)

Because EA servers are offline and having problems.

I can't even get the game to load, it crashes to desktop.
I'm sure they will say it's because they didn't expect the large amount of downloads or some other bs that they always say. I truly believe the BF series has been an experiment to see how bad a game can be yet still make millions. We keep buying and they keep laughing.

EDIT:
So I was finally able to join a couple games and pretty much the same problems BF4 had still exist in BF1. I still get hung up when jumping over small ledges and pebbles. I can empty a full clip in a guy only to have him turn around and shoot once with a pistol and kill me. Also it sure would be nice if they could figure out how to carry over key bindings to the new games like many other franchises are able to do because resetting key bindings is just plain aggravating when there are so many controls. No plans to buy this one as it seems to be new skin on the same dead cat.

Last edited:
Like everybody else I wasn't able to connect to any servers. Managed to get connected only to get booted right the fark out :rolleyes:

I played about two hours last night.

There is nothing here that would make me shell out 60 bucks for this. I even went to bed on time. (At work at 7:00am)

The single player campaign may be worth something but the multi is just the same old thing with a new skin. IMO.

I do not have much time in the Battlefield games so people that really love the franchise may feel differently.

Those that didn't get connected, did you try the 'legacy' browser method mentioned above?

Yeah it was really annoying hahaha, all I could do was use my sword or the guns in the planes! For like a whole hour.

There are still some issues with it.

Played one or two matches on same server yesterday, then randomly got disconnected at the start of the next match right after I reached the objective. Recent servers list showed no recent servers at all, which was odd.

Another time I spawned in with only my main weapon, no secondary, no grenades, and no equipment of any kind.

Plus it uses a ridiculous amount of system RAM, hit 12.5GB max last night, plus RAM for other things I had running.

Hey, Ill download the game and test it with my GPU, See how well a 4Year Old GPU can run the game ;)

Welp I was ingame for a bit and started getting artifacts. Not oc'ed. Looks like my card is enroute to the big parts bin in the sky :-/

It's been acting up recently, and this just confirms it. Dang, RMA time.

Have you updated to the latest driver from AMD? They released a driver specifically for this and another game a few days ago.

I'm running it on a 290 and it seems to run fine. Definitely check your driver.

Is it just me or is there something off about the controls? I can't really explain it but I can't seem to get the mouse movement to be right.

guys just relax lol it's a beta. of course it's messed up. that's why they're letting you play it for free.

Have you updated to the latest driver from AMD? They released a driver specifically for this and another game a few days ago.

Yup. Using the latest Crimsons. I get artifacts in FC4 and other games as well. During idle/desktop and surfing I get nothing. Put a load on it and it artifacts/black screens :-/

Im Happy to say that a high-end GPU from 2012 can run this game no problem on medium settings, I will try tweaking the settings and see if i can push it further and still not dip lower than 55FPS.

Well i played a bit with the settings and im happy with my GPU's results.
Here are the graphics settings@1080P:
Screenshot_1.png
The FPS never dipped lower than 55FPS and it mostly stayed at 60-65FPS.
The FPS measures were taken by the FPS counter built into the game (Top right corner).
NOTE that the Resolution scale set to 42% which is the default resolution (1080P)

All i can say is that this game is pretty well optimized!

Last edited:
Back