• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 = Awesome. Time Limit = Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eh well i get about 55 fps average and im running @ 1024 4x 4x everything on high except shadows (medium) looks great and feels pretty fast, i don't think u need more than 40 fps for a bf game

How do i view replays (recorded demos) of the round that just happened? Is this feature not in the demo? I had a hardcore dogfight with me against two other jets at the same time and winning. :p

wtf bf2 is retarted my teammates are showing up as red so im TKing them and getting botted, plus im so confused cause in DC the reds where reds and the blues where blues no matter what team your on.

I havn't experienced that problem with teammates being red but I've seen people say the same thing in game. Probably a issue that will be fixed.

Someone figured out how to turn the time limit off so that the game keeps going when it reaches 0, I've been playing on infinite time servers all day.

bf2%20train%20is%20fugly.jpg

I like how they added 3d grass... :D

On my 2.8C / 1GB / 9800XT it runs great 1024 786 medium detail.

Just played a bit online and it absolutely rocks. The realism in the choppers reminds me of the airforce simulators i've been in...altitude, engine stress, artificial horizon :)

However...i found that ALOT of the people currently playing the demo online are just unable to fly a chopper properly..lol.

Sjaak said:
However...i found that ALOT of the people currently playing the demo online are just unable to fly a chopper properly..lol.

Present company included :) I don't know what it is, I just can't get the hang of it, I have to concentrate so hard on just manuevering, poorly, that I cna tdo anything useful in it.

Gabkicks said:
yup. lots of newb pilots. The Helicopters in BF2 are 10 times easier to fly than desert combat.

Hmm not sure on that one. Learning to manouvre the apache in Desert Combat properly took me a couple of hours, BF2 succeeded on the very first run.

I need to fine-tune pitch and such for my mouse and keyboard, but even till then i am regulary able to take out airplanes with the non-target seeking missiles from the US chopper :cool:

With my 9800 pro 128mb I turned the settings from medium to high and I get no lag at all. I'm very happy.

Could someone post some of the infinite servers or the patch to get rid of the timelimit or is that considered posting cracks?

Note to mods, is this considered asking for cracks, if so, PM me and I will delete this message immediatly

Battlefield 2 Standalone Demo Server\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes\gpm_cq.py

Locate the line

host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

Place a # in front of it so it appears like

#host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

This will make the 12 min timer still appear but once it hits 0:00 the clock will disappear and you will be able to play until the tickets expire.

parachuting

am i missing something ever time i jump from a plane and press 9 to parachutre i get no response from the game in any way . . . i hit the ground like a rock and die . . . am i missing something here?

Back