• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 = Awesome. Time Limit = Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TheGreySpectre said:
64person timelimitless servers are awesome and the G36 rules

u playing on one of the all weapons unlocked servers? how does that work, do you only get the better of the two weapons or can you pick? (ie: do you still get to try out the pump shotgun even though there is an auto unlocked)

EA and Gamespy are cracking down on timelimit removed servers by dropping them from the list...

Is there a way to run the 32 player map singleplayer? wanna practice flying without being online.

blitzkrieg1110 said:
u playing on one of the all weapons unlocked servers? how does that work, do you only get the better of the two weapons or can you pick? (ie: do you still get to try out the pump shotgun even though there is an auto unlocked)

Yeah I was playing on an all weapons unlocked server. How it works is in the upper right hand corner of of each class there is a button with to arrows that you click that switches between weapons. Upgraded weapons are the same for both teams. I dont remeber all of the weapons but here are some of them

Secial Forces upgrades to G36
Assult Upgrades to G3SG1
Sniper upgrades to I think a Berret Light 50
Engineer upgrades to a Pancor Jackhammer
I dont remember what the medic and anti tank upgrade to

For special ops, the gun is more powerfull but zoom does not give you a red dot scope, instead it gives you a normal sight

The Scope on the upgraded sniper rifle is really nice and has a good crosshair

The Pancor Jackhammer fires really fast and is awesome

so yes you can switch back and forth although I dont see why you would unless ether your a fan of the m4, or like the red dot scope.

I just played the demo for the first time today on my Geforce 4 Ti4400 with the shader mod and even when my game is super ghetto-fied it is still a blast to play. I wonder how much more I would enjoy it if I actually had good visuals and could see what was going on most of the time...

Ha_hA_HA! said:
Nope, coop is disabled (unless there is a hack for that too), but you can still practice flying. You can use vehicles as target practice.

With the draback that the heatseekers won't lock on anything without a driver (eg, without an engine running)

Sjaak said:
With the draback that the heatseekers won't lock on anything without a driver (eg, without an engine running)
well heat seekers cant lock on to a heat source if there is NO heat source to lock on to

Runs good on my system at 1024x768x32 medium settings... only thing is, the RAM cripples it. :( My pagefile usage goes up from about 185mb before I start the game to just a little under 800mb after loading a map... about 80-100mb more textures than doom 3.

I got that itch to get a 1gb of RAM... but I have no money :(

Back