• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been a while

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

So after the whole benchmarking marathon, I got busy with things. Mainly for the WISP company I work for. or "Fixed Wireless" along with upgrading my main computer from a 2700x to a 5800x. I also replaced my 1080ti in my main desktop with a vega64. Vega64 actually runs pretty well with the newest drivers that are out currently. I also went back because of this new thing AMD is coming out with. Have also been playing with the ThinlPad T14 (AMD version) I got a few weeks ago. Its pretty good!

Anyway, I have relapsed into something I thought I was done with.

GET READY!!!

Old Hardware

THIS IS THE PART WHERE I EXPLAIN HOW MY RELAPSE HAPPENED

In short, I went to a lan party where they were all going to be playing "old school games" and I thought "oh so something like half life games and mods on steam"

What I thought would have been fun turned out to be worse. Old school RTS games that have some, if not major, compatibility issues with windows 10.

I do not feel like naming each of them at the moment because I am too lazy but the whole time we were troubleshooting, I was wishing we would have played more modern titles dating past 2005 or 2010 on steam.

18 hours of playing (and troubleshooting) later, I decided it was time to head home. Left the house at 3am and came home at 6am.

But about a week later, I thought to myself "Maybe I should work on that Pentium 3 computer JUST IN CASE".

working my butt off into the night until 3am (along with the fact that I had to wake up for work at 6am) heres what I got.

THIS IS THE PART WHERE I LIST THE HARDWARE I HAVE

Super Micro P3TDDE keeps giving me a video error no matter what. It was also giving me a "corrupt bios" error message before. I remember it used to have freezing issues.

Every AGP card I got (Geforce FX 5500s, 7800GT and Radeon X1550) are not showing video no matter what board I put them in. I am certain they were working fine before...I wonder if its the power supply.

Tyan S2518 is the only motherboard I got thats actually working fine along with the Geforce FX 5500 PCI. This is the only good dual socket "Tualatin" board I have.

Biostar M7VIG 400 is working but every AGP card I throw at it is also not working properly.

THIS IS THE PART WHERE I ASK MY QUESTIONS

Hardware I reallly want to get up and running is the P3TDDE. I would like to ship it to someone who can nurse this board back to health. Is there someone that can do this?

May end up giving up all the AGP cards I have and just buy a new one unless...any suggestions on what I can do with them before I decide to toss them?

MY MOTIVE

Want to build this thing once and for all and just keep it around for "old school" reasons.

Back